Euros Prediction League with trainman on the Pub Forum

Image posted by peter ashworth
Submitted on Tuesday, 26th July 2016

The Cardinals Hat, Lincoln

Pub added by aleand hearty
268 High Street
Lincoln
LN2 1HW

Reviews of The Cardinals Hat (Average Rating: of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Blue Scrumpy left this review about The Cardinals Hat

Having walked down Lincoln's Steep Hill, whilst smugly watching those struggling up it, I was looking forward to a visit to what is one of Lincoln's older buildings.

Unfortunately, I arrived to find the bouncers refusing entry to another couple. I was also told that the pub was full. But I asked if I could wait for a table to become free and this was accepted.

After a wait of around 5 minutes, I was allowed in and directed to an outdoor roof terrace through the rear door, where I was told that there was standing room.

I did managed to spy a few of the beers and ciders as I walked through and whilst not allowed to sit inside, could see that each of the rooms are fairly small.

The ale range I could see was Fernandes Black Voodoo, Milestone West Coast IPA, Ridgeside Nothing From Nothing, Adnams Ghost Ship & Rat White Rat. Ciders were Weston's Old Rosie, Orchard Pig Maverick, Snail's Bank Rhubarb Cider & Lilley's Mango Cider.

The roof terrace was cold. But all of the tables were free. I was only accompanied by 5 very drunk youths who were content to fight one another, including on the floor, whilst happily smashing glasses.

Needless to say, this wasn't the most relaxing of places to spend time. So, I drank up and left pretty quickly. It's a shame, as the building itself is nice and the beer and cider range was probably the best I found in Lincoln on this visit. But the pub is clearly too popular for its own good.

On 23rd September 2020 - rating: 6

ROB Camra left this review about The Cardinals Hat

A good looking pub, both inside and outside. The main room is L shaped and there are three small snugs at the front and rear. Lots of reclaimed wood around the place. 8 handpumps with a decent range of beers and strengths. My pint was in good nick and Ms CAMRA liked her red wine. We called in here twice during our two days in Lincoln.

On 14th August 2019 - rating: 7

custodian 42 left this review about The Cardinals Hat

Decent enough place with the bar to the middle & left. Further room to the left. Decent strength real ales on offer.

On 17th July 2018 - rating: 6

View more reviews of The Cardinals Hat (4)
External web links for The Cardinals Hat

Map location is best guess
Lincoln Central, 0.44 miles, 8 min walk (show)
Hykeham, 4.31 miles, 1 hr 23 min walk (show)
Saxilby, 6.57 miles, 2 hr 6 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for The Cardinals Hat, Lincoln
23rd Sep 2020, 13:29
Review submitted by Blue Scrumpy

14th Aug 2019, 13:58
Review submitted by ROB Camra

• Real Ale : Yes last updated 31 May 2016 by hondo .