Summer 2020 crawl - possible venues with Aqualung on the Pub Forum

Edinburgh
EH6 6QU

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 5 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Will Larter left this review about The Kings Wark

Very food-oriented and touristy, with a greeter to show you to a table. I just asked for a corner of a shelf to park my beer on while I wrote a derogatory review for Pubs Galore. No, not really.

Service was at the effusive end of the spectrum, which I think must come at an extra charge because my half of Fyne Jarl, an ordinary bitter at 3.8%, cost me £2.30. Other options were Caledonian Deuchars IPA and Edinburgh Castle, plus Theakstons Best Bitter. At least, that's what my notes say, but at three months remove I find it incredible that anyone would waste time and money bringing that boring old beer all the way to Leith when they've got boring beers of their own right here in Edinburgh.

Date of visit: 19th March 2017

On 19th June 2017 - rating: 4

Clive Thompson left this review about The Kings Wark

Another pub on the Shore where you don't think you should be sitting at a table if you're not eating. This has more of a pub feel than some others though. Four handpumps, two Cally's and two Harviestoun's, I had a decent pint of the Schiehallion.

On 16th January 2010 - rating: 6

ROB Camra left this review about The Kings Wark

This is set up mainly as a restaurant and if we hadn't have called in just after food service finished I doubt if we would have got a seat anywhere. The good news is that there were 4 handpumps on the bar, sadly only 2 were in use and one of those was pulling Deuchars IPA. I ended up having a pint of Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted which was in fair condition whilst Ms CAMRA had a glass of red wine that she wasn't too impressed with. This is a pub that has sold its soul for the tourist dollar and we won't be bothering visiting again. Go next door to the Malt & Hops if you're just after a drink.

On 17th November 2009 - rating: 5