Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Tris C
Submitted on Thursday, 12th January 2012
With picture contributions to 1971 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (12 more images)
hover over arrow to see distance from pub, click on arrow to find out more about stop
Reviews of The Westbourne (Average Rating: 4 of 10) see review guidelines
Tris C left this review about The Westbourne
I've passed this pub many a time and thought that I'd finally give it a try. Situated in Royal Oak, in an area around which it's not advisable to wander at later hours, this pub backs on to the railway lines for Paddington and the underground.
Inside, the walls are covered with pictures, some of old famous film stars and chairs are French café style. It all rather reminds me of a 1980s' wine bar or American-style burger restaurant; in short, rather dated. Tables are crammed in to the point where you can barely see the floor or access the bar. The bar is metal topped and rather high, which deters bar hogs. I opted for a Dark Star Pale Ale (£4.20), the other draught option was the ubiquitous Doom Bar; my pint arrived in a plastic 'glass', which didn't really appeal.
Notwithstanding the fact that the place was rammed, the loudish music and deafening noise of conversation left me with no choice other than to sit on the patio where I enjoyed harassment from one of the passing locals.
This place really isn't for me and seems to appeal to the under 30s so I won't be returning.
On 24th April 2015
- rating: 2
[User has posted 619 recommendations about 619 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Westbourne
Compact gastro-pub, with lots of furniture crammed in. Mixed decor. Small lounge to rear, but a fair amount of patio furniture out front. Slightly incongruous sports TVs on the walls. Two handpumps on the bar, with regular Doom Bar and guest Brighton Bier English Garden (£3.90) available.
On 2nd March 2014
- rating: 6
[User has posted 3186 recommendations about 3186 pubs]
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Westbourne official site with menu and drinks list - thewestbourne.com
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 08 February 2015 by Tris C
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 08 February 2015 by Tris C
- Beer Garden : Yes - Front patio. - last updated 08 February 2015 by Tris C
- Car Park : No last updated 08 February 2015 by Tris C
- Darts : No last updated 08 February 2015 by Tris C
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 02 March 2014 by hondo .
- Live TV Sports : Yes last updated 02 March 2014 by hondo .
- Micropub : No last updated 23 April 2015 by Tris C
- Pinball : No last updated 23 April 2015 by Tris C
- Pool Table : No last updated 08 February 2015 by Tris C
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 02 March 2014 by hondo .
- Real Cider : Yes last updated 23 April 2015 by Tris C
Last inspected: April 10th 2014