Beer of the Week (w/e 26th June 2022) with aleandhearty on the Pub Forum

Skipton
BD23 1LH

Tweets by The Boathouse Bar
View the full twitter feed for Skipton Boat House

Reviews of The Boathouse Bar (Average Rating: of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Rob Hunter left this review about The Boathouse Bar

Visited last week. Six hand pulls at the bar, offering an interesting range including some strong ales (7-8%). Backed up by a selection of keg beers, for which there is a chalk menu above the bar.

In the corner furthest away from the bar there is a wood burner, which was in use at the time of my visit and made the place feel warm and cosy. Bench seating around the perimeter which was comfortable. Plenty of windows to look out at the views of the water. I found the service to be friendly and welcoming. I didn't see any sign of food being served other than the usual bar snacks, but that said I wasn't after a meal so I wasn't on the lookout.

Much as I was tempted by the stronger ales, I settled for the Tiller Pin by Wishbone, which may well be a regular ale based on the previous reviews. A half of this set me back £1.75 and was in top-notch condition.

A place I would seek out again when in Skipton, though I imagine it can get busy in the summer months.

On 6th December 2021 - rating: 8

Real Ale Ray left this review about The Boat House

The owner told us that this canal basin gets extremely busy during the summer, so luckily for us, visiting here, out of season. This is a very pleasant pub with large surrounding windows, which gave good views of the activities along the canal. There were five ales on handpump on our visit, which were Wishbone Tiller Pin, Bad Co Love over Gold, Salamander Dusk til Dawn, Settle No3 Porter and Wishbone N-Star-2. We went for the Wishbone Tiller Pin and Bad co, the latter was so good we stayed for another.

On 9th November 2017 - rating: 7

Al Bundy left this review about The Boat House

A small canalside pub. The interior is a curved room with the bar to the left. A friendly little place and food is available. There are 5 handpumps and beers were from Bad Co., Saltaire, Irwell, Settle and Wishbone today.

On 29th October 2017 - rating: 7

View more reviews of The Boathouse Bar (8)
External web links for The Boathouse Bar

No known official website for this pub.

Map location corrected by Jonathan Wilde
Skipton, 0.4 miles, 7 min walk (show)
Cononley, 4.1 miles, 1 hr 19 min walk (show)
Gargrave, 4.88 miles, 1 hr 34 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for The Boathouse Bar, Skipton
6th Dec 2021, 12:55
Review submitted by Rob Hunter

22nd Aug 2021, 13:50
Picture submitted by Old Boots approved

• Hot Food : Yes last updated 08 November 2017 by Real Ale Ray
  • Real Ale : Yes last updated 08 June 2016 by hondo .
  • WiFi : Yes last updated 08 November 2017 by Real Ale Ray