How was it for you? with arthurchappell on the Pub Forum

Image posted by Just a quick pint, then I'm off
Submitted on Saturday, 8th February 2020

Black Eagle, Birmingham

16 Factory Road
Hockley
Postal town: Birmingham
B18 5JU

Tweets by Black Eagle
Black Eagle Pub Black Eagle Pub It's been a real privilege to have known Tony, my last ever shift and I miss it already 2:34 AM Apr 22nd 2017 from Twitter for iPhone
View the full twitter feed for Black Eagle Pub

Reviews of Black Eagle (Average Rating: 9 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about Black Eagle

Splendid heritage pub, retaining a four-room layout around the central servery and all pleasingly traditional in appearance. Also has another dining room at the back and a suitably retro pub-grub menu. I found Bathams Bitter and Burton Bridge XL Mild (£3.00) on the pair of handpumps in the front lounge, with a further five real ales available on the other counters.

On 8th February 2020 - rating: 9

Gill Smith left this review about Black Eagle

Enjoyed my visit to this friendly pub late lunchtime. I had called in for a beer but was tempted by the reasonable food on offer and enjoyed the stilton soup. There were 2 small bar areas which had a choice of real ales and larger rooms set up for dining. Chose Malvern Hills Malvern Spring which was a little cloudy but drinkable.

On 31st March 2018 - rating: 8

Mark Davey left this review about Black Eagle

A mid afternoon stop on our blast round Brum and we stumbled accross the Black Eagle Beer Festival. Unfortunatly for me, it was just like home with brews from Magpie and Blue Monkey but I managed to find somthing that wasn't from Nottingham and settled down. The pub was missing a bit of a trick as it was packed and had a great bar-b-q going but nobody serving food? We ended up going inside and eating from the pub menu, which was very good. Between the 6 of us, we had a couple of steak pies, chillie, scampie and a curry, all of excellent home made standard. Well worth a trip out on the tram, will call again.

On 31st July 2012 - rating: 8

View more reviews of Black Eagle (9)
This pub features in the following crawls:
Midland Metro Pub Crawl by Andy Ven
Blast round Brum by Mark Davey
External web links for Black Eagle

No known official website for this pub.

Map location corrected by Andy Ven
Jewellery Quarter, 1.2 miles, 23 min walk (show)
The Hawthorns, 1.93 miles, 37 min walk (show)
Birmingham Snow Hill, 2.06 miles, 39 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for Black Eagle, Hockley
8th Feb 2020, 11:18
Request to set pubs area association to Hockley by Just a quick pint, then I'm off approved

8th Feb 2020, 11:18

• Beer Festivals : Yes last updated 19 November 2009 by hondo .
  • Beer Garden : Yes last updated 19 November 2009 by hondo .
  • Real Ale : Yes last updated 19 November 2009 by hondo .