Disappointment of the week with hondo on the Pub Forum

12 Higher Chatham Street
Manchester
M15 6ED

Rob Hunter left this review about The Salutation Inn

Nice traditional feeling pub, not particularly busy on my Saturday night visit back in the middle of December. I seem to recall there were 5 or 6 hand pulls for cask ale but a few were off meaning the choice was narrowed down to just 2 or 3.

I had the Manchester Skyline by Brightside which was a decent drop, as was my drinking partner's Iceberg by Titanic.

Very reasonably priced but I guess they are catering for the student market in this location, so that is perhaps to be expected.

I'd be happy to return and try it again another time.

On 24th January 2019 - rating: 7

Al Bundy left this review about The Salutation Inn

A nice pub. Described below and not much I can add. There was a retirement do on when I walked in and unfortunately some bloke was getting a shipping order and instead of giving in a list decided to order one after the other which took up one poor barmaids time. I hate these people.

On 2nd October 2015 - rating: 7

ROB Camra left this review about The Salutation Inn

Multi roomed pub with a central bar serving all the rooms. It's quite foody, but there's a dartboard to the rear. Very busy at 6 on a Friday. 5 handpumps serving changing guests. The two I had were both in excellent nick. There's a small beer garden with a few benches to the rear. I really liked this one, a proper pub.

On 30th August 2015 - rating: 8

Alan Winfield left this review about The Salutation Inn

The Salutation is a stand alone pub now surrounded by new university buildings,when i visited this pub it was more like an old hulme pub.
Once inside there were a couple of rooms and i had a drink in the lounge which was quite a nice room and also comfortable.
This pub was a Tetley tied house and there were two real ales on the bar i had a drink of Tetley bitter and this was a very nice drink the other beer was Tetley mild.
I thought this was a fairly decent pub.

Pub visited 11/12/1993