Random news of the day with hondo on the Pub Forum

V Bar, Eastbourne Town, Eastbourne

7 Bolton Road
Eastbourne
BN21 3JU

Reviews (Current Rating Average: 5 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Steve C left this review about V Bar

The V bar, or Venus as it is also known, is a small café type bar with a small paved area out the front that is railed off from the street and is full of patio furniture. Along with the seating in the bar area there is some more upstairs, but I didn’t venture up so don’t know if I missed anything exciting. The barman was very friendly and poured a decent pint of Guinness from the standard draught selection. There weren’t many people in as I visited yesterday afternoon (Monday), but the chilled back music was very relaxing as I battled with a form I had to fill out to hand in at the post office. There is a plasma screen behind the bar that was showing Sky News, but I didn’t spot any advertisements for football. There is however an extended license at the weekends when some music is played as this place turns into a late bar.

I though that it was ok in here, but there are better pubs and bars within a stones throw so I doubt that I will return.

On 2nd November 2010 - rating: 5