Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Malden man
Submitted on Sunday, 16th October 2016
With picture contributions to 1403 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (2 more images)
Reviews of Craftsman (Average Rating: 8 of 10) see review guidelines
Malden man left this review about Craftsman
A long and narrow room at ground floor which kicks very slightly to the left as the room extends back. The floor is close boarded as is the bar counter, decor is fairly minimalist and includes a mural of the brewing process by stages on a side wall and a few bits of modern art towards the rear. Unusual clear glass globe filament lights hang from the ceiling. Booth seating opposite the bar has adjoining charging points. High style tables to the rear.
As the pub name infers, the beer range is eclectic. On cask were Merlin's Excalibur, Mobberley Brewhouse Concept, Boom Juice and Elsium, Black Isle Blonde plus Revolution Brewing Co Gogo. The handpumps are numbered with the beers listed on a board on the wall. There are a few exotic keg offerings also and cocktails are advertised. Food seems to be platters of meat, cheese or pate or snacks such as sausage rolls or olives.
Stairs wind up to the toilets and another room which had stacked chairs, then they rise again somewhere but the second set was roped off.
A welcome addition to the rapidly improving Altrincham pub scene if not especially traditional, the barman was chatty and clearly interested in the beers. Recommended.
On 16th October 2016
- rating: 8
[User has posted 1476 recommendations about 1455 pubs]
No known official website for this pub.
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Beer Festivals : No last updated 23 April 2016 by ROB Camra
- Beer Garden : No last updated 23 April 2016 by ROB Camra
- CAMRA Discount : Yes - 25p per pint - last updated 23 April 2016 by ROB Camra
- Car Park : No last updated 23 April 2016 by ROB Camra
- Function Room : No last updated 23 April 2016 by ROB Camra
- Micropub : No last updated 23 April 2016 by ROB Camra
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 23 April 2016 by ROB Camra
- Wheelchair Access : Yes last updated 23 April 2016 by ROB Camra
- WiFi : Yes last updated 23 April 2016 by ROB Camra