Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Jonathan Wilde
Submitted on Sunday, 9th August 2015
With picture contributions to 3247 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (3 more images)
Reviews of Be At One (Average Rating: 5 of 10) see review guidelines
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Blackthorn _ left this review about Be At One
This is certainly not a pub in the traditional sense, but more of a trendy cocktail bar. In retrospect I probably should not have added it, but I noticed that various other of the company’s outlets were listed so I included this one for consistency. It’s one of a number of new outlets in this rejuvenated part of Bath adjacent to the main railway station. In fact this particular venue is right underneath the station, being in one of the old railway arches.
The low lighting level provides either a gloomy or atmospheric ambience depending on your point of view. This was not helped by the arched ceiling being painted black and I struggled to read the menu in the available light. Other than the black paint, the décor consists of a parquet style wood floor with some dark wood panelling on the lower part of the walls and several mirrors along the upper part. A tiled bar counter runs along the left hand wall, and there were a few tables and chairs outside at the front overlooking the square as well as a few more on a terrace at the rear overlooking the river.
Unfortunately there were no real les available, or any draught drinks at all come to that. In fact I’m not sure there was even anything in bottles, certainly there was no sign of any and no mention of any in the menu. If you wanted a cocktail though there was an extensive selection, even some made from ice-cream. During happy hour these are all 2 for 1 which is considerably more palatable than the usual £8.50 or so each. Staff all seemed friendly and efficient, with quick service at the bar. Decent music was playing with a mixture of genres from the 80’s to the present day, although it was perhaps a tad too loud for easy conversation.
On 6th January 2015
- rating: 5
[User has posted 1398 recommendations about 1352 pubs]
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Official site of Be At One - www.beatone.co.uk
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Blackthorn _
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Blackthorn _
- Beer Festivals : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Blackthorn _
- Beer Garden : Yes - Terrace/patio area - last updated 08 January 2015 by Blackthorn _
- CAMRA Discount : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Blackthorn _
- Car Park : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Blackthorn _
- Darts : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Blackthorn _
- Pinball : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Blackthorn _
- Pool Table : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Blackthorn _
- Real Ale : No last updated 06 January 2015 by hondo .
- Real Cider : No last updated 08 January 2015 by Blackthorn _
Last inspected: January 9th 2015