Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Blackthorn _
Submitted on Saturday, 14th January 2017
With picture contributions to 2918 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (1 more image)
Reviews of Juno (Average Rating: 4 of 10) see review guidelines
Blackthorn _ left this review about Juno
A recent opening in a new building in part of Bath’s redeveloped shopping quarter, it’s much more of a bar than your traditional pub, although it’s strapline of “Beer, Pizza, Art” does at least sound intriguing.
It’s laid out over two floors with the downstairs room having dual aspect windows making the most of the outlook over the nearby Iceland store. Décor wise, it has a fairly utilitarian appearance with bare concrete on much of the walls, visible air conditioning ducting and cable trays, etc. Flooring is pale grey tiles whilst the “art” aspect is represented by a number of colourfully painted skateboards hung on the walls. Seating is a mixture of hard plastic chairs and a couple of fixed bench seats in one corner which seemed remarkably high and were quite tricky to climb in to. An open kitchen was at the rear, and although we didn’t inspect the menu we did notice a couple of pizza’s coming out. Upstairs seemed broadly similar décor wise, although there was also a pool table here, and flyers on the table were promoting some sort of tournaments on a Monday evening.
Unfortunately despite the “beer” part of the strapline, there was very little choice on the bar with the focus seeming to be mostly on craft style lagers, although there was only a couple of these. The only ale choice was keg Spitfire, whilst the solitary cider was Stowford Press. Menus on the table offered a number of cocktails if that’s more your thing, but to be honest if you’re after a cocktail there are far better options nearby, as of course, there are also if you’re after a beer.
On 16th January 2017
- rating: 4
[User has posted 1366 recommendations about 1321 pubs]
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Official site of Juno - www.junobath.co.uk
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 12 January 2017 by Blackthorn _
- Beer Garden : No - Some seating on pavement - last updated 14 January 2017 by Blackthorn _
- Car Park : No last updated 14 January 2017 by Blackthorn _
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 12 January 2017 by Blackthorn _
- Micropub : No last updated 14 January 2017 by Blackthorn _
- Pool Table : Yes last updated 14 January 2017 by Blackthorn _
- Real Ale : No last updated 14 January 2017 by Blackthorn _
- Real Cider : No last updated 14 January 2017 by Blackthorn _