Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Will Larter
Submitted on Sunday, 23rd March 2014
With picture contributions to 5000 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (11 more images)
hover over arrow to see distance from pub, click on arrow to find out more about stop
Reviews of The Cricketers (Average Rating: 7½ of 10) see review guidelines
Quinno _ left this review about The Cricketers
Low ceilinged interior, with a deep area off to the left featuring three-quarter length varnished wood panelling and wall lamps (creating quite a nice ambience). A lighter dining area is to the right decorated with country wain-styled wallpaper and was pretty busy as the pub was doing a brisk trade in grub. Small chequerboard tiling and carpet throughout. The attractive padded semi-oval bar sported six pumps; two ciders (Rosies Pig, Hogans Pickers Passion) and three ales (Gloucester Gold, Prescott, Wye Valley Butty Bach, with Black Sheep off). My Gold was in good shape. CAMRA discount available on halves and pints, a bonus. Muted TV showing News 24 and WiFi available. Quite enjoyable, worth popping in if on an extended city centre crawl.
On 1st April 2014
- rating: 7
[User has posted 2392 recommendations about 2382 pubs]
Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Cricketers
Only time for a quick stop, and whilst there are no particular distinguishing features, this place gives a decent first impression. Traditional furniture and decor. Five of six handpumps in operation, with beers including Prescott Hill Climb (£1.60 for a half, less 10% Camra discount).
On 24th March 2014
- rating: 7
[User has posted 3009 recommendations about 3009 pubs]
Bucking Fastard left this review about The Cricketers
A low ceiling with wood panelled walls,a traditional town centre pub.The interior wraps around an L shaped bar,the interior was busy early Friday afternoon with several customers partaking of the food offering,mainly to the right hand side of the pub.The six handpumps were offering two real ciders,Gloucester Gold,Wye Valley Butty Bach and Prescott Hill Climb (decent shape) with one pump reversed.10% CAMRA discount available,the muzak was discrete and the flatscreen on mute.A good stop on a real ale crawl of the city centre,not quite a destination pub on it's own despite the traditional and interesting interior.
On 23rd March 2014
- rating: 7
[User has posted 1063 recommendations about 1063 pubs]
View more reviews of The Cricketers (8)
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Official site of The Cricketers - www.thecricketersworcester.co.uk
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : Yes last updated 03 August 2014 by ROB Camra
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 08 December 2013 by Gill Smith
- Beer Festivals : No last updated 03 August 2014 by ROB Camra
- Beer Garden : No last updated 03 August 2014 by ROB Camra
- CAMRA Discount : Yes - 10% includes food. Pint Taken Summer 2014 - last updated 03 August 2014 by ROB Camra
- Car Park : No last updated 03 August 2014 by ROB Camra
- Darts : No last updated 07 April 2014 by Quinno _
- Dog Friendly : Yes last updated 03 August 2014 by ROB Camra
- Hot Food : Yes - Not Sunday - last updated 03 August 2014 by ROB Camra
- Live Music : No last updated 03 August 2014 by ROB Camra
- Live TV Sports : Yes last updated 03 August 2014 by ROB Camra
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 03 August 2014 by ROB Camra
- Real Cider : Yes last updated 03 August 2014 by ROB Camra
- Wheelchair Access : Yes last updated 03 August 2014 by ROB Camra