Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Walter Dunlop
Submitted on Friday, 14th September 2012
With picture contributions to 1212 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (11 more images)
hover over arrow to see distance from pub, click on arrow to find out more about stop
Reviews of Cabot Court Hotel (JD Wetherspoons) (Average Rating: 6½ of 10) see review guidelines
Michael Wright left this review about Cabot Court Hotel (JD Wetherspoons)
The building well described by Blackthorn below. I was in late afternoon, late April. The usual 'spoons customers in, older couple eating, drunk group of lads, young couple boozing, you have seen it all before
It was OK as it goes, I had a pint of Bristol Brewery Old something or other, it was nice pint and I enjoyed it
Worth going in if in the area
On 8th May 2015
- rating: 6
[User has posted 487 recommendations about 370 pubs]
Ron Priestley left this review about Cabot Court Hotel (JD Wetherspoons)
Upon arriving at WSM for two weeks holiday, I made for the Cabot I sways drink at j wetherspoons if one is in the town. I always like egg ham and chips but when I asked for it the barman said that they do not do that there except Mondays.I then asked for soup of the day, He replied no starters here, I was fed up by now and left the pub and went to a fish and chip shop 300 yards down the road as I was hungry upon just arriving at WSM and wanted to eat.
Not to be out done I visited the Cabot again in the evening. I asked for rump steak and was told that they only do this from the grill on steak Tuesdays.I could have sirloin if I wanted but I hate sirloin as it is not like rump in the slightest.
I was brassed off by now - what a first day at WSM.
As I was complaining about the food not on sale I was politely pointed to a notice on the bar saying that -- as it was August and a busy holiday period and busy-- a smaller cut down menu would be on offer.
I have never found any other wetherspoon pubs do this in all my times of using them since they came around new to the trade. All I can think is that the Cabot don't want holiday people in the pub and when the holidays are finally over the pub will serve the full regular menu to the locals. I left and never went in there again.I went to the Dragon Inn also a wetherspoons establishment, a far better place and with full menu every day.
On 12th September 2014
- no rating submitted
[User has posted 1 recommendations about 1 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Blackthorn _ left this review about Cabot Bars
A cavernous pub on four different levels and although in many ways it has the identikit feel of any other JDW pub, they’ve made a good job of trying to give a bit of a local feel to the place, and I actually felt it had a lot more character than many of the company’s pubs.
The colour scheme is a mixture of cream, maroon and battleship grey which perhaps sounds slightly depressing but works well enough. There is numerous outside seating including a few benches along the front on the pavement, a small balcony to the left, and a larger terrace on the right which is a pleasant spot overlooking the Winter Gardens. There are various black and white pictures of old Weston on the walls, and there is various other seaside memorabilia such as an old fashioned bathing costume in a display case and a swimming pool depth marker (4’, 4’6”, 5’, etc.) on the wall. I particularly liked the old swimming pool warning signs, No Running, No Bombing, No Petting, etc. In addition to this there was a small area done up to look like a ship’s cabin, with floor to ceiling wood panelling and “views” through the windows showing surfers on the beach (this was quite effective – presumably some type of projection TV, but a nice touch). Beyond this was an area more like a hotel dining room, with an unusual bird cage surrounding one set of tables.
Unusually for a Wetherspoons, there is an area at the back of a top floor that doubles as a dance floor and an adjacent DJ booth along with some magic mirrors like you might get at a funfair. Apparently there is a regular house DJ on Friday and Saturday nights, and guest DJ’s on Thursdays. Staff were friendly enough, but could do with being a bit more switched on. One was clearly more interested in emptying the dishwasher than serving customers, but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt since they’ve only been open a few days, and a manager soon put him right.
Good choice of beers on tap – Cairngorm Trade Winds, Abbot Ale, GWB Maiden Voyage, Ruddles County, Vale Brewery Gravitas, Bishop’s Finger, GWB Summer Nights and Butcombe Blond. Ciders were Strongbow and Thatcher’s Gold.
On 31st July 2011
- rating: 7
[User has posted 1174 recommendations about 1134 pubs]
View more reviews of Cabot Court Hotel (JD Wetherspoons) (5)
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Cabot Court page at the Wetherspoon site - www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : Yes last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
- Beer Festivals : Yes last updated 17 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- Beer Garden : Yes last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
- CAMRA Discount : No last updated 17 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- Car Park : No last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
- Child Friendly : Yes last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
- Darts : No last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
- Dog Friendly : No last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
- Jukebox : No last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
- Karaoke : No last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
- Live Music : No last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
- Live TV Sports : No last updated 17 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- Pinball : No last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
- Pool Table : No last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
- Quiz Night : Yes last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 17 July 2013 by Dave McNally
- Real Cider : Yes last updated 17 June 2014 by ROB Camra
- Wheelchair Access : Yes last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
- WiFi : Yes - The Cloud - last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
Last inspected: July 4th 2013