Beer of the Week (w/e 25th September 2016) with Aqualung on the Pub Forum

Image posted by Helen Iwanczuk
Submitted on Thursday, 8th September 2016

Cabot Court Hotel (JD Wetherspoon)

Knightstone Road
Weston Super Mare
BS23 2AH
Phone: 01934427930

Pub Type

J D Wetherspoon

Reviews of Cabot Court Hotel (JD Wetherspoon) (Average Rating: of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Aqualung . left this review about Cabot Court Hotel (JD Wetherspoon)

This place is listed in the JDW directory as a Lloyds as well as one of their hotels but I saw no evidence of it as I didn't venture up the stairs where according to one of the reviews below and What Pub there is a dance floor at the top. Because the majority of the place is standard JDW I wouldn't class it as a Lloyds at all. The fixtures and fittings are better than average. The sea is immediately across the road from the front door of this place so I would imagine it's fun in the winter storms.
The downstairs bar has just seven hand pumps which had the JDW Trio Of Doom, Marston's One Is 90, Exmoor Beast & XPA and one available soon. I went for the Exmoor Beast (£2.65 but was marked at £2.79) which was in good nick. I thought this was a good Spoons. It's GBG 2016 listed.

On 20th June 2016 - rating: 7

Michael Wright left this review about Cabot Court Hotel (JD Wetherspoons)

The building well described by Blackthorn below. I was in late afternoon, late April. The usual 'spoons customers in, older couple eating, drunk group of lads, young couple boozing, you have seen it all before

It was OK as it goes, I had a pint of Bristol Brewery Old something or other, it was nice pint and I enjoyed it

Worth going in if in the area

On 8th May 2015 - rating: 6

Ron Priestley left this review about Cabot Court Hotel (JD Wetherspoons)

Upon arriving at WSM for two weeks holiday, I made for the Cabot I sways drink at j wetherspoons if one is in the town. I always like egg ham and chips but when I asked for it the barman said that they do not do that there except Mondays.I then asked for soup of the day, He replied no starters here, I was fed up by now and left the pub and went to a fish and chip shop 300 yards down the road as I was hungry upon just arriving at WSM and wanted to eat.
Not to be out done I visited the Cabot again in the evening. I asked for rump steak and was told that they only do this from the grill on steak Tuesdays.I could have sirloin if I wanted but I hate sirloin as it is not like rump in the slightest.
I was brassed off by now - what a first day at WSM.
As I was complaining about the food not on sale I was politely pointed to a notice on the bar saying that -- as it was August and a busy holiday period and busy-- a smaller cut down menu would be on offer.
I have never found any other wetherspoon pubs do this in all my times of using them since they came around new to the trade. All I can think is that the Cabot don't want holiday people in the pub and when the holidays are finally over the pub will serve the full regular menu to the locals. I left and never went in there again.I went to the Dragon Inn also a wetherspoons establishment, a far better place and with full menu every day.

On 12th September 2014 - no rating submitted

View more reviews of Cabot Court Hotel (JD Wetherspoon) (6)

Pub Web Links

Map location corrected by Blackthorn _
Pub location
Latest updates View all updates for Cabot Court Hotel (JD Wetherspoon), Weston Super Mare
8th Sep 2016, 14:30

• Jukebox : No last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
  • Karaoke : No last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
  • Live Music : No last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde
  • Live TV Sports : No last updated 17 June 2014 by ROB Camra
  • Micropub : No last updated 18 May 2016 by Aqualung .
  • Pinball : No last updated 01 June 2014 by Jonathan Wilde