Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by peter ashworth
Submitted on Tuesday, 10th July 2012
With picture contributions to 18759 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (2 more images)
Reviews of The Wire (Average Rating: 3½ of 10) see review guidelines
Komakino . left this review about The Original Wire
Although not the closest in proximity to Warrington Wolves' ground, the name of the pub gives you an indication of the main focus here, and signs such as "Warrington Wolves Matchday Madness All Home Games" reinforce this. Internally, it's high-ceilinged and multi-roomed with a small bar centred around the entrance serving two main areas with smaller 'breakout' rooms on the left-hand side, with part-bookshelf wallpaper, upholstered banquettes and badly grammared, tired old alcoholic quotes e.g. "When I read about the evil's of drinking. I give up drinking." (and this has been spelt as read) Obviously a lot hotter on matchdays than on an October Monday evening, in terms of how drinking establishments can combine sport and alcohol, Leyton Orient Supporters' Club this ain't
On 18th October 2016
- rating: 3
[User has posted 253 recommendations about 253 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Dale Miles left this review about The Original Wire
very much a rugby league pub!
On 6th April 2009
- rating: 4
[User has posted 184 recommendations about 182 pubs]
No known official website for this pub.
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 17 October 2016 by Komakino .
- CAMRA Discount : No last updated 18 October 2016 by Komakino .
- Child Friendly : Yes last updated 17 October 2016 by Komakino .
- Jukebox : Yes last updated 18 October 2016 by Komakino .
- Live TV Sports : Yes last updated 17 October 2016 by Komakino .
- Micropub : No last updated 17 October 2016 by Komakino .
- Pinball : No last updated 17 October 2016 by Komakino .
- Real Ale : No last updated 26 August 2013 by Alan Hurdle
Last inspected: January 9th 2012