Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Real Ale Ray
Submitted on Saturday, 8th December 2012
With picture contributions to 492 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (9 more images)
Reviews of The Final Whistle (Average Rating: 10 of 10) see review guidelines
Gill Smith left this review about The Final Whistle
Really enjoyed our visit here yesterday both for the excellent beer inside, and the entertainment from the Morris dancers outside in the superb garden. Multi roomed and we kind of got lost trying to get out. Will be really cosy in the winter in the room with the large fire.
On 11th September 2016
- rating: 10
[User has posted 936 recommendations about 875 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Real Ale Ray left this review about The Final Whistle
This pub is a true gem and well worth a visit. Formally known as the Newcastle Arms, the new owners have completely transformed this pub to resemble the former 1920's branch line station, which closed in 1964. You enter to a L shaped lounge and bar with a 1st class snug seating area on the left. The bar has an open fire and plenty of seating. To the rear was the Pullman room with an open fire and high backed waiting room benches. Outside there was a platform and waiting area for drinkers. Ten real ales served and five ciders. I went for the Full Mash ESP, Leatherbritches Cad and Bounder. I also had a crackin ham and salad cob, which was freshly made. Their two other pubs are the Crown in Beeston and the Chesterfield Arms, Chesterfield.
On 10th December 2012
- rating: 10
[User has posted 2005 recommendations about 2005 pubs]
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Final Whistle page at the Everards site - www.everards.co.uk
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Beer Garden : Yes last updated 11 September 2016 by Gill Smith
- Child Friendly : Yes last updated 11 September 2016 by Gill Smith
- Dog Friendly : Yes last updated 11 September 2016 by Gill Smith
- Function Room : Yes last updated 11 September 2016 by Gill Smith
- Live Music : Yes - Folk - last updated 11 September 2016 by Gill Smith
- Quiz Night : Yes last updated 11 September 2016 by Gill Smith
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 10 December 2012 by Dave McNally
- Real Cider : Yes last updated 10 December 2012 by Dave McNally
- Wheelchair Access : Yes last updated 11 September 2016 by Gill Smith
Last inspected: January 16th 2017