Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by john mcgraw
Submitted on Monday, 23rd August 2010
With picture contributions to 18412 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (8 more images)
Reviews of The Swallow (Average Rating: 6 of 10) see review guidelines
E TA left this review about The Swallow
The pub's position is well described by Steve, below. It has tiny parking space at the front, entered through the station's bus lane and problematic to navigate when busy. On entering the shabby single bar, the senses are assaulted: there is a strong smell of stale something-or-other, the light is dull and uninviting, while the racket from the jukebox is highly annoying as it competes with the commentary from the live soccer on the telly. There is a games area at one end with a pool table and dart board. The barrman was welcoming enough, and there was one customer in who was as thick as a brick, unable to hold a conversation. Two ales on, Doombar and GK IPA, both average. More spit than swallow.
On 17th March 2017
- rating: 5
[User has posted 1724 recommendations about 1709 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Steve C left this review about Swallow Inn
This pub is located in what feels like the middle of nowhere in between Hillingdon Tube Station and the extremely busy A40 (Western Avenue). I was surprised at how busy it was during my evening visit a couple of Saturdays ago, especially as most of the customers seemed to be Villa fans on the way back from their FA Cup exit. They may have lost, but there was still a good atmosphere in the pub which was helped by the friendly staff and random music from the 70s and 80s. I’d had a fair few beers before my visit, but I could swear there was also some big band music playing at some point. This is a U shaped pub with a pool table on the right hand side and I counted at least one plasma screen for showing Sky Sports.
Only Greene King IPA was available as the Pride was off, but I had a decent pint of Guinness from the standard draught selection.
There is some seating out the front where one can watch the cars and lorries fly past and there was also a massive smoking shelter for those rainy days.
I liked it in here, but I think that it is a little out of the way for me to visit again.
On 20th April 2010
- rating: 7
[User has posted 3226 recommendations about 3208 pubs]
No known official website for this pub.
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 11 January 2017 by E TA
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 11 January 2017 by E TA
- Beer Festivals : No last updated 11 January 2017 by E TA
- Beer Garden : No last updated 11 January 2017 by E TA
- CAMRA Discount : No last updated 11 January 2017 by E TA
- Car Park : Yes last updated 11 January 2017 by E TA
- Darts : Yes last updated 11 January 2017 by E TA
- Live TV Sports : Yes - Sky Sports - last updated 11 January 2017 by E TA
- Micropub : No last updated 11 January 2017 by E TA
- Pinball : No last updated 11 January 2017 by E TA
- Pool Table : Yes last updated 20 April 2010 by hondo .
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 20 April 2010 by hondo .
- Real Cider : No last updated 11 January 2017 by E TA
- WiFi : Yes - The Cloud - last updated 11 January 2017 by E TA
Last inspected: September 22nd 2011