Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Chat about -
BBC2: Alexis Polizzi 'The Fixer' and Hunter's Microbrewery. with london calling on the Pub Forum
Image posted by Graham Mason
Submitted on Sunday, 28th February 2010
With picture contributions to 10423 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (12 more images)
hover over arrow to see distance from pub, click on arrow to find out more about stop
Reviews of Ladbroke Arms (Average Rating: 6 of 10) see review guidelines
Tris C left this review about Ladbroke Arms
Situated opposite a police station, this is an attractive Victorian backstreet pub with a front beer patio, heaters and hanging baskets for flowers.
I hadn't been here for about 12 years and immediately noticed that the bar area has been completely rebuilt - an improvement - and the lavatories are now decent.
This is very much a pub that appeals to the Notting Hill set (don't expect TV sport) and is big on informal dining, which is very good. This is not however a hotbed of real ale though at least one pump was spotted along with premium lagers and a premium cider; given the area, prices are unsurprisingly very high.
Service is efficient and generally friendly; this is probably the most appealing pub in the W11 area. Nevertheless, I'm deducting *at least* two points because of the dogs, a veritable pack of the bloody things roaming about. Do pubs not realise that dogs wandering around constitute a serious tripping hazard? Do pubs not realise that if someone is injured tripping over a dog, the pub could have the arse sued off it? And who wants to eat in what is tantamount to a dogs' home? Dogs aren't allowed into restaurants...
On 5th April 2014
- rating: 5
[User has posted 564 recommendations about 564 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about Ladbroke Arms
Located on a side street about half way between Holland Park and Notting Hill Gate tube stations, the pub is hard to spot from a distance as it is set back some distance from the road behind a pleasant patio beer garden. The interior is typical gastro-pub, with a smallish bar in the front and dining areas in several opened-out rooms behind. Busy, but the staff were working well. Four handpumps, offering Doom Bar, Wandle, Dark Star Partridge and Adnams Regatta (fine, but pricy at £3.80). Overall, worth a look if you are in the area.
On 6th July 2011
- rating: 7
[User has posted 2784 recommendations about 2784 pubs]
Pubs Galore is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- Official site of the Ladbroke Arms pub, includes menu and wine list - www.capitalpubcompany.com
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Accommodation : No last updated 05 April 2014 by Tris C
- Bar Billiards : No last updated 05 April 2014 by Tris C
- Beer Festivals : No last updated 05 April 2014 by Tris C
- Beer Garden : Yes - Front patio. - last updated 05 April 2014 by Tris C
- Car Park : No last updated 05 April 2014 by Tris C
- Darts : No last updated 05 April 2014 by Tris C
- Dog Friendly : Yes last updated 05 April 2014 by Tris C
- Hot Food : Yes last updated 29 July 2013 by Dave McNally
- Jukebox : No last updated 05 April 2014 by Tris C
- Karaoke : No last updated 05 April 2014 by Tris C
- Live Music : No last updated 05 April 2014 by Tris C
- Live TV Sports : No last updated 05 April 2014 by Tris C
- Pinball : No last updated 05 April 2014 by Tris C
- Pool Table : No last updated 05 April 2014 by Tris C
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 29 July 2013 by Dave McNally