Not already a member?
Join our community and - Rate & review pubs - Upload pictures - Add events JOIN for free NOW
Image posted by Jim Newell
Submitted on Wednesday, 16th September 2009
With picture contributions to 5135 other pubs
View all this pub's pictures (5 more images)
Reviews of The Oaks (Average Rating: 7 of 10) see review guidelines
Al Bundy left this review about The Oaks
A nice little pub. A central corridor like middle has two areas on each side as you enter with the smaller area to your right for drinking and the larger area to your left for both food and drink. 5 handpumps.
On 14th October 2015
- rating: 7
[User has posted 1787 recommendations about 1710 pubs]
Please Note: This review is over a year old.
peter ashworth left this review about The Royal Oak
This pub holds the annual World Black Pudding Throwing Championship which used to be held at the Corner Pin pub (no longer there)in Stubbings just down the road.Participants have to throw (underarm)the puddings in an attempt to dislodge a stack of Yorkshire puddings placed on plinths on two levels (one for children,the other for adults)symbolising the ancient rivalry between Lancashire and Yorkshire.The winner is the one who dislodges most Yorkshire puddings in three attempts.
On 28th November 2009
- no rating submitted
[User has posted 1573 recommendations about 1550 pubs]
No known official website for this pub.
Pub details supplied by members of this site to the best of their knowledge. Please check with pub directly before making a special trip.
- Child Friendly : Yes last updated 04 February 2014 by ROB Camra
- Dog Friendly : Yes last updated 04 February 2014 by ROB Camra
- Hot Food : Yes - Lunchtimes only - last updated 04 February 2014 by ROB Camra
- Live Music : Yes last updated 04 February 2014 by ROB Camra
- Live TV Sports : Yes last updated 04 February 2014 by ROB Camra
- Real Ale : Yes last updated 30 July 2013 by Alan Hurdle
- Real Cider : No last updated 04 February 2014 by ROB Camra
- Wheelchair Access : Yes last updated 04 February 2014 by ROB Camra