Pub Of The Month - July 2020 with sheffield hatter on the Pub Forum

Image posted by john mcgraw
Submitted on Tuesday, 14th October 2008

The Teign Brewery, Teignmouth

Teign Street
Teignmouth
TQ14 8EG

Reviews of The Teign Brewery (Average Rating: 4 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Quinno _ left this review about The Teign Brewery

Two roomed pub that has a lower-grade listing on CAMRA’s National Inventory though it’s a pretty run-down looking place. Poked our heads round the door but there was no ale (so a nice misleading name…) and the local devil dog started barking at us. Moved on to the much better Blue Anchor next door.

On 30th July 2014 - no rating submitted

Steve C left this review about The Teign Brewery Inn

I visited the Teign Brewery late on a recent Thursday evening and walked in through the left hand entrance. I found myself in a bar where there was one other person who was quietly reading a newspaper. I was a little confused as the bar had no hand pumps or draught taps and there was no sign of any staff. I decided to visit the gents at the rear and I noted the presence of a beer yard out the back. My entrance back into the bar was met by a very frosty reception from a woman who was on duty, but thankfully her colleague jumped in and politely served me a generic lager that was pulled from the right hand bar. After receiving my pint I decided to drink it in the right hand bar that was busy with locals that were in a party mood. The jukebox was playing loudly and someone had put on a few folk songs that were going down well with the regulars. At the front there is a dartboard and piano and the right hand wall opposite the bar is full of pictures of raucous nights that have passed. At the rear there is table football and a plasma screen, I didn’t spot any Sky Sports advertisements.
I didn’t notice any hand pumps on the bar, but it was busy so I may have missed one if it was hidden away amongst the standard draught taps.

I saw nothing in here that would have me rushing back.

On 24th April 2012 - rating: 4

External web links for The Teign Brewery

No known official website for this pub.

Map location corrected by Steve C
Teignmouth, 0.57 miles, 11 min walk (show)
Dawlish, 3.25 miles, 1 hr 2 min walk (show)
Dawlish Warren, 4.92 miles, 1 hr 35 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for The Teign Brewery, Teignmouth