pubs galore bar with sheffield hatter on the Pub Forum

Birmingham
B2 5HU

Tweets by The Good Intent
View the full twitter feed for The Good Intent

Reviews of The Good Intent (Average Rating: 8 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Rob Hunter left this review about The Good Intent

Visited earlier in the week. My last pub visit before the Coronavirus shutdown (though obviously I didn't realise that at the time). At first I wasn't sure if it was open as it looked quite dark inside, but I am glad I investigated further and found that the place was indeed open.

Service in here was friendly, at the bar there are six hand pulls with a few from Craddocks, which seem to be a regular brewery on the pumps from looking at the previous reviews. I went for a half of the Confused Brummie, by Birmingham Brewing Company, a 6% white stout which set me back £2.35 for a half. This was a decent drink. The barman knew his stuff and was talking me through the various beers available while I was trying to make my mind up.

I could easily have stayed for another but I had a train to catch. Well worth a visit and I hope to be able to call in again once the Coronavirus madness is a distant memory.

On 21st March 2020 - rating: 8

Al Bundy left this review about The Good Intent

What a cracking little place! Hidden down amongst a shopping arcade this place has 6 handpulls of which 3 were from Craddocks Brewery. Bare brick, wooden floored and an upstairs part. Very good.

On 8th February 2020 - rating: 8

Real Ale Ray left this review about The Good Intent

This particular space found midway down the Great Western Arcade was once shared by two retail outlets, hence the two separate doors at the entrance. The new manager explained it was cheaper to leave the entrance the way it was, than put in a whole new shop front. Slightly confusing on approach, maybe an entrance sign on the left hand side door would solve it.
The interior layout consisted of a ground floor lounge area and bar situated on the right hand side. A staircase positioned on the left hand wall leading up to a most impressive semi circular lounge with glass panelling along the front, hosting a decent view of the Arcade below.
A further much larger lounge area can be found leading from this area. Six pumps, with five in use on our visit, serving Purity Mad Goose, Hobsons The Champion, plus three from Craddocks which were Crazy Sheep, Saxon Gold and River Steam. Some fine paintings from the local artist Paul Horton can seen around the walls and were donated by him, as he has a gallery next door.

On 7th January 2020 - rating: 8

View more reviews of The Good Intent (5)
External web links for The Good Intent

No known official website for this pub.

Map location corrected by Just a quick pint, then I'm off
Birmingham Snow Hill, 0.19 miles, 3 min walk (show)
Birmingham Moor Street, 0.37 miles, 7 min walk (show)
Birmingham New Street, 0.47 miles, 8 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for The Good Intent, Birmingham