Now that's what I call a proper pub crawl... with Tris39 on the Pub Forum

The Hop & Anchor, Aberdeen Central, Aberdeen

33 Exchange Street
Aberdeen
AB11 6PH

Reviews of The Hop & Anchor (Average Rating: 3 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Hop & Anchor

New Draft House outlet, located inside a building with enough height to fit a mezzanine above the kitchen behind the counter which is about half-way in. The conversion has been done quite well, with the mix of traditional and modern furniture suiting the space. Impressive range of nine craft beers and a cider from the keg taps, plus two real ales - Fallen Branch Line porter (£5.05) and Farmaggedon IPA - served on gravity from jackets casks on a top-shelf stillage built into the bar-back. Now, having done the good bit, I'll then relate what happened when I ordered my drink and some food. Firstly, I had to ask THREE TIMES for my 'pint' to be topped up (eventually achieving something that was still borderline at best) and then was requested - accidentally or otherwise - to pay for my food without the Monday discount advertised on the boards outside and on the menus being applied - subsequently corrected, but with the worst grace imaginable.

On 22nd April 2019 - rating: 3

External web links for The Hop & Anchor

Map location corrected by Just a quick pint, then I'm off
Latest updates View all updates for The Hop & Anchor, Aberdeen