2020 Spring crawl: Preston on Friday, 17th April with Bucking Fastard on the Pub Forum

Image posted by peter ashworth
Submitted on Tuesday, 30th October 2018

Brew Chimp, Manchester

Pub added by Rob Hunter
192 Church Road
Urmston
Postal town: Manchester
M41 9FD

Reviews of Brew Chimp (Average Rating: 8 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Rob Hunter left this review about Brew Chimp

I had been looking forward to trying Brew Chimp and a crawl round Urmston on Saturday evening allowed the dream to become a reality. I was concerned this was going to be a tiny micropub and would be too crowded to be enjoyable, but I am pleased to report that there is more space than I expected and we had no issue in getting a seat at the time of our visit.

At the bar are four hand pulls for cask beer, helpfully lined up at the end of the bar so you can see them on your approach. I think there was a house beer, Beartown Peach Melbear and 4T's APA, though I can't remember what was on the fourth pump. The Peach Melbear was £3.30 a pint, and very pleasant. There are also six keg taps on the back wall behind the bar but I didn't pay too much attention to these and can't remember what was on offer.

Nice place, and one I would be happy to return to.

On 16th December 2019 - rating: 8

External web links for Brew Chimp

Map location corrected by Rob Hunter
Chassen Road, 0.29 miles, 5 min walk (show)
Urmston, 0.79 miles, 15 min walk (show)
Flixton, 1.01 miles, 19 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for Brew Chimp, Urmston
16th Dec 2019, 21:09
Review submitted by Rob Hunter

30th Oct 2018, 23:38
Picture submitted by peter ashworth approved

• Child Friendly : Yes - Until 9pm - last updated 10 September 2018 by Rob Hunter
  • Dog Friendly : Yes last updated 10 September 2018 by Rob Hunter