Beer of the Week (w/e 20th August 2017) with Komakino on the Pub Forum

York
YO1 9TT

Reviews of Brew York (Average Rating: of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

david hammill left this review about Brew York

Called in this very nice brewery tap the beer was some of the best I have had in along time i tried x-panda 3.9 abv my wife tried a couple of very nice pilsners

On 25th June 2017 - rating: 10

Lester Ford left this review about Brew York

Having first visited this brewery bar in late November when we were last in the city it was always going to get a visit while we were here over Easter.

Arrived here just before 7pm on the Saturday and managed to bag a couple of stools at the bar, I do love sitting at bars!

Just like the last visit, there were 7 hand pumps and another 7 keg lines on all of ales & an addition of 5 real ciders. The ales were a mix of BrewYork ales and guests, not being able (yet) to sample BrewYork ales in the south I decided to stick to their beers, I had very good pints Razberet @ 5.3% (a very good Raspberry Saison beer), Amber Herd @ 5.5% & Big Eagle @ 6.5% (a mighty APA with a kick). All of the ales went down a treat while the wife enjoyed a couple of the lower % light beers.

We stopped for a few hours, enjoying the atmosphere, chatting to locals and ale hunters from states & just having a cracking night out.

I love this place and so does the wife so that’s a double tick.

On 15th May 2017 - rating: 9

Lester Ford left this review about Brew York

A review from late November 2016.

After a few beers on the way down Fossgate on a Friday evening the wife and I finally arrived at this cracking Tap Room situated in an old industrial unit on Fossgate.

I expected the tap room to be pretty empty but I was very wrong, the place was pretty packed and was really buzzing inside.

Almost all of the ales from their own range with 5 ales on cask and another 7 on keg. All beers are served in either 3rds, halves or pints. All 3 of the ales I had were excellent and from their core range, they were BrewYork BrewYork @ 5.0%, Little Eagle @ 4.5% & Viking DNA @ 5.0%.

New ales being added as soon as one was finished meant that I could of stayed here all night long and not got bored!

The Pork Pies are popular and very good. This is a cracking tap room and possibly one of the best I have been in certainly in the UK…..if only I lived in York!

On 12th April 2017 - rating: 9

View more reviews of Brew York (6)
External web links for Brew York

Map location corrected by hondo .
Pub location
Latest updates View all updates for Brew York, York
25th Jun 2017, 13:02
Review submitted by david hammill

15th May 2017, 12:41
Review submitted by Lester Ford

• Real Ale : Yes last updated 18 April 2016 by hondo .
Food Hygiene Rating