Autumn 2019 Shrewsbury Crawl Dates and Venues with Tris39 on the Pub Forum

Tweets by Purecraft
View the full twitter feed for Purecraft Bham

Reviews of Purecraft (Average Rating: 7 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Thuck Phat left this review about Purecraft

Very well reviewed and I enjoyed our early Saturday evening stop here.
No problem finding a table but, as the focus seems to be on food, several tables had reserved notices on for later in the evening. No real surprises there and no problem for us as it was a fairly swift stop.
I enjoyed the leather Brooks saddles used as coat hangers.
Beers on were predominantly Purity: UBU, Pure Gold, Mad Goose and Bunny Hop all doubles up as I recall. Guests were Roosters Baby Faced Assassin and Kirkstall Three Swords.
Everything we tried was in very good shape and the Baby Faced Assassin vied for beer of the evening.
I'd happily return for what seems to be a guarantee of good beer.

On 10th June 2019 - rating: 8

Rob Hunter left this review about Purecraft

Visited earlier in the week towards the end of the lunchtime trade. There are 10 hand pulls at the bar with Purity beers seeming to dominate and some duplicates across the two banks of pumps. I had the Saddle Black (by Purity) which I thought was rather nice. Bar snacks are available as well as table service for meals - sausage rolls at £5 for example, plus crisps (£1.40-ish?) etc. There was also some keg stuff that I didn't make a note of, various cans and bottles in the fridge and I noticed that different styles of glass being used depending (presumably) on the style of beer.

On entering, Aqualung's friend from the previous review was sat in position asking if I wanted a table for dining which caught me off guard a bit but there was no issue with me just going in for a drink and making my way to the bar and plonking myself down at an available table to consume it. What I did find slightly unusual was that when you do this, somebody comes round and removes the cutlery and napkins that had been set out at the table, and the table is then reset when the drinker leaves. Perhaps it helps them identify at a glance who has a tab but it felt a bit strange.

Downstairs has a cellar bar (not in use at the time of my visit) and the toilets. The floor looks like someone has pulled up an old carpet, scraped off the adhesive and then just left it. Yet somehow it doesn't look terrible.

Definitely worth a look but not my favourite place of the day.

On 28th February 2019 - rating: 7

Aqualung . left this review about Purecraft

This is typical of one of those trendy places so common in London. It has an unfinished ceiling, unfinished floor and poor acoustics. There was some muppet near the door asking if I was going to eat. There appeared to be a cellar bar downstairs. I found an empty table at the rear only to find a notice saying "reserved from 16:00" being plonked on it after I'd got a beer and sat down.
Their were four Purity beers doubled across the ten hand pumps and the one guest I noted was Rooster's Assassin. I went for the only Purity beer I didn't recall trying before the Bunny Hop (£3.80). This was in excellent condition and not the rip off I was expecting but was a rather pedestrian beer.
I didn't like this place at all and wouldn't return but the beer quality was very good and it wasn't a rip off.

On 13th June 2018 - rating: 5

View more reviews of Purecraft (16)
External web links for Purecraft

Map location corrected by Bucking Fastard
Birmingham New Street, 0.33 miles, 6 min walk (show)
Birmingham Snow Hill, 0.42 miles, 8 min walk (show)
Birmingham Moor Street, 0.51 miles, 9 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for Purecraft, Birmingham