Yet another list with sheffield hatter on the Pub Forum

Image posted by peter ashworth
Submitted on Tuesday, 8th January 2019

Ye Olde Crown, Bradford Central, Bradford

Pub added by peter ashworth
23-25 Ivegate
Bradford
BD1 1SQ

Reviews of Ye Olde Crown (Average Rating: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Rob Hunter left this review about Ye Olde Crown

I decided to give this place another try and concluded that maybe I judged it a bit harshly last time.

On my Tuesday lunch time visit there were two real ales on- Korito and Aire Gold - both by Bingley, with a third pump unclipped. There were loads of keg taps across the length of the bar but these were all for mainstream stuff. I went for the Korito, which it had a bit of a strange smell and I'm not sure if it was meant to be hazy but it was. Tasted OK though.

I'm pretty sure I recognised a couple of faces from the Drum Winder so I suspect it attracts a similar clientele.

Despite being opened out it does have the feel of two smaller rooms to the front of the pub each side of the entrance. There are several TV screens showing sports. It's nicely decorated with original plasterwork incorporated, and I noticed that the plaster coving contained roses and crowns. There is a glass panel ceiling in the centre of the pub which brings some natural light in. Towards the back is what looks like a stage or dancefloor area.

Some young lass who was in with a fella nipped out and brought a McDonalds in, and was unashamedly tucking in to it with her Strongbow Dark Fruits. Presumably this pub doesn't serve food.

I doubt this is going to become one of my go-to pubs when in Bradford, but it is not as bad as I had found it on my initial visit which can only be a good thing.

On 28th March 2019 - rating: 6

John Yeadon left this review about Olde Crown

I passed the premises this afternoon and the place was thumping. Outside in the street were persons wearing space trooper, transformer and other costumes. I take it from all that that this must be the official opening day. By the way it is called 'Ye Olde Crown' going by two new signs, one over the door and another swinging sign.

On 2nd March 2019 - no rating submitted

Rob Hunter left this review about The Old Crown

There seems to have been a lot of hype about the Olde Crown reopening so I was looking forward to paying a visit. I was in Bradford on Tuesday afternoon so thought I would take a look. I was slightly offput by the old blokes smoking in the doorway and the abandoned mobility scooter parked outside, but decided to press on regardless. Sadly it didn't get any better and on entering it was full of miserable looking old men, there was a strange smell, a strange furniture layout meaning there wasn't that much seating considering the size of the place, and to top it off at the bar there were three or four hand pulls but they were all turned round. I decided to do an about turn and left.

It reminded me of the Ginger Goose but with a grander exterior and not quite as gloomy inside. Overall, fairly terrible and not a place I'd feel particularly inclined to give another chance in the foreseeable future. I really can't see what all the fuss is about.

On 24th January 2019 - no rating submitted

View more reviews of Ye Olde Crown (4)
External web links for Ye Olde Crown

No known official website for this pub.

Map location corrected by peter ashworth
Latest updates View all updates for Ye Olde Crown, Bradford
28th Mar 2019, 17:38
Review submitted by Rob Hunter

19th Mar 2019, 20:31
Picture submitted by Will Larter approved

• Beer Garden : No - But there may be picnic tables outside on the pavement - last updated 21 April 2019 by John Yeadon
  • Live TV Sports : Yes last updated 28 March 2019 by Rob Hunter