Virtual Great British Beer Festival 2020 with Tris39 on the Pub Forum

Image posted by peter ashworth
Submitted on Tuesday, 30th August 2016

French's, Hastings

Pub added by Steve C
24 Robertson Street
Hastings
TN34 1HL

Reviews of French's (Average Rating: 3 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Steve C left this review about French's

I visited French’s on Monday evening last week and felt like a saddo being the only customer in a bar with a stage in the corner set up for pole dancing. Looking around at the posters on the walls advertising karaoke until 1am every Wednesday and Sunday I gathered that the pole is more of a gimmick and I hadn’t walked into the local seedy bar. The good sized bar area is basically open plan and there are a couple of sofas up some steps t the rear. The seating is minimal and there is a staircase that I leads up to another bar that is available for free hire and has at least one pool table, but I didn’t take a look during my visit. There is a plasma screen that was unfortunately tuned into some R&B music channel, not really my cup of tea. The barmen were very friendly and a standard draught selection was available, but unfortunately the Guinness was off so I had to hit the Stella that was served in a plastic glass. I did have to venture into the toilet that is located down some stairs at the rear and I was surprised at how poky it is when considering the size of the bar.

I think that the best thing about this place is the fantastic looking church opposite.

On 21st February 2011 - rating: 3

External web links for French's

No known official website for this pub.

Map location corrected by Steve C
Hastings, 0.38 miles, 7 min walk (show)
St Leonards Warrior Square, 1.02 miles, 19 min walk (show)
Ore, 1.22 miles, 23 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for French's, Hastings
21st Jan 2019, 22:17
Picture submitted by Graham Coombs approved

21st Jan 2019, 21:55
Picture submitted by Graham Coombs

• Karaoke : Yes - Wednesday, Sunday - last updated 21 February 2011 by Dave McNally
  • Pool Table : Yes last updated 21 February 2011 by Dave McNally