Beer of the Week (w/e 10th November 2019) with Mobyduck on the Pub Forum

Image posted by john mcgraw
Submitted on Monday, 10th January 2011
With picture contributions to 20809 other pubs

The Libertine, Worthing Central, Worthing

45-56 Portland Road
Worthing
BN11 1QN

Reviews of The Libertine (Average Rating: 4 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Steve C left this review about Barney's

I think that Barneys changes its identity as light turns dark as during the day there is a small play area full of soft toys for toddlers and workshops for parents, but at night there are DJs and karaoke. The doors open at 10:00 in the morning (10:30 on Sunday) and close at 23:00 Sunday thru to Tuesday, midnight on Wednesday and Thursday and 01:00 on Friday and Saturday. Food is served from opening until 18:00 Sunday thru to Tuesday, 21:30 Wednesday and 21:00 Thursday to Saturday.
There is an advertised large upstairs bar but I didn’t venture up there during this visit and I also missed the sun terrace. I did manage to find the downstairs bar where I had half an Amstel and noted the availability of Sagres alongside some standard draught. I thumbed through the menu and gleaned that fajitas and enchiladas are their speciality and the mains cost between £8 and £12. There is also a lunch menu with dishes costing around £6.
I found the staff to be friendly, but I was a little confused as to why I was the only customer on a Saturday afternoon, especially as this is a family venue during the daytime.

I saw enough during my visit to glean that this isn’t the place for me.

On 29th September 2012 - rating: 4

External web links for The Libertine

No known official website for this pub.

Map location corrected by Steve C
Worthing, 0.83 miles, 16 min walk (show)
West Worthing, 1.31 miles, 25 min walk (show)
East Worthing, 1.44 miles, 27 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for The Libertine, Worthing
11th Jun 2017, 16:51
Picture submitted by peter ashworth approved

11th Jun 2017, 10:58
Picture submitted by peter ashworth

• Karaoke : Yes last updated 29 September 2012 by Dave McNally