Random news of the day with london calling on the Pub Forum

Image posted by Just a quick pint, then I'm off
Submitted on Sunday, 25th March 2018

The Black Lion, Brighton

14 Black Lion Street
Brighton
BN1 1ND

Tweets by The Black Lion
Black Lion Pub Black Lion Pub Callin' all you hep cats and swingin' kittens! Brighton's rockin'est Skifflebilly Trio are here folks! And they're… https://t.co/6nFeL0KKgT 3:15 PM May 20th from Buffer
View the full twitter feed for Black Lion Pub

Reviews of The Black Lion (Average Rating: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Steve of N21 left this review about The Black Lion

Very similar evening experience to the previous reviewer. Quite busy with a young studenty vibe but this time the music was live, coming from young lad with acoustic guitar who was knocking out some decent tunes to an appreciative audience.
I’m probably about 30 years too old for this one and The Cricketers next door was more to my taste.
But the target demographic certainly seemed to be enjoying themselves and for me there was the benefit of two ale pumps alongside the Addlestone Cider pump which were dispensing Brighton Best from WJ King and Long Man Brewery American Pale Ale.
Fast efficient service from the young female barmaids who, for an ageing fogey like me, were sporting some very interesting tattoo artwork, which frankly I will never see the attraction of on young girls. I really wish I could somehow replicate the experience for these lasses of seeing what my Grandad’s accumulated body art after 40 years in the Merchant navy looked like on 80 year old skin…

On 8th July 2013 - rating: 6

Steve C left this review about The Black Lion

The Black Lion was busy with students last night (Tuesday) and there was a DJ playing some decent music that wasn’t desperately loud. I think that there was music advertised in some form or another for every evening of the week. This pub is a decent size and open plan apart from a couple of large arches in the centre of the pub. There are a couple of plasma screens, but I didn’t spot any sports advertised. Amstel and a standard draught range are available and the three hand pumps were drawing W J King’s Brighton Best, Arundel’s Trident and Old Rosie cider.

I was a little older than the majority of the crowd, but there was a good friendly atmosphere and the service was very polite. I wouldn’t make a special trip to visit again, but I’d have no problem popping back in if passing.

On 30th November 2011 - rating: 6

External web links for The Black Lion

No known official website for this pub.

Map location corrected by elizabeth mcgraw
Brighton, 1.11 miles, 21 min walk (show)
London Road (Brighton), 1.34 miles, 25 min walk (show)
Hove, 2.01 miles, 38 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for The Black Lion, Brighton
25th Mar 2018, 15:07
Picture submitted by Just a quick pint, then I'm off approved

25th Mar 2018, 11:47
Picture submitted by Just a quick pint, then I'm off

• Real Ale : Yes last updated 30 November 2011 by hondo .
Opening Hours
Sunday12noon - 2am
Monday12noon - 1am
Tuesday12noon - 1am
Wednesday12noon - 2am
Thursday12noon - 2am
Friday12noon - 3am
Saturday12noon - 3am
Hours according to Facebook page, please check before making a special visit