Random news of the day with Mobyduck on the Pub Forum

Tweets by Arcadia
View the full twitter feed for Arcadia Leeds

Reviews of Arcadia (Average Rating: of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Real Ale Ray left this review about Arcadia

This was my favourite pub along what's locally known as the Otley Crawl Route. The staff in here were very knowledgeable and passionate about the beers they were serving and also gave you a friendly and warm welcome. The bar was situated at the rear of the pub and hosted eight handpumps. A chalkboard on the left hand wall gave good info about the very good range of ales that were on. But I immediately spotted a Black Iris Brewery pumpclip from Nottingham, so I went for the Black Iris Better the Devil You Know, at 5.5% which was my beer of the week. The interior had white painted walls, boarded floors, lampshades made out of old beer and soft drink crates, and crushed beer cans framed along the walls.

On 12th November 2017 - rating: 9

Alan Winfield left this review about Arcadia

Arcadia is a pub set at the end of a nice looking shopping precinct.
I was expecting a keg pub so was very surprised to find a decent pub with a good choice of real ales on the bar.
Once inside the bar faces in an oblong shaped room which is split into two halfs,the seating is comfy bench type and small stools and pew seating,plus a few tall tables and chairs to the front left,the left side of the room is smaller and has bench seating and normal tables and chairs,there is also an upstairs seating area.
There was a decent choice of real ales on the bar,i had a drink of Ridgeside Skylark which was a very nice well kept beer,the other bees noted were Ilkley Mary Jane,Oakells MPA,Elland Savanna,Taylor Boltmaker and Kirkstall Royal ?.
The bar staff were friendly and one picked up on my accent as soon as i asked for a drink,he also said this pub is not part of the Otley road run and there were none in on my Saturday afternoon visit.
I found this to be a very pleasant pub to have a drink in.

Pub visited 16/7/2016

On 4th September 2016 - rating: 8

Pub SignMan left this review about Arcadia

I’d not done a lot of research on this place prior to my recent visit, other than being told it was a good bet for a decent pint in Headingley, so I was surprised firstly to find a shop conversion style pub in a grim looking shopping precinct, which I was in turn surprised to find was part of the Market Town Taverns chain, who I would never have associated such a venue with. As it turns out, this is a bank, rather than shop, conversion, but don’t go expecting a spectacular, ornate interior – I’ve seen more opulent piggy banks than this former branch of Lloyds. You enter into a bare boarded room with a very short servery tucked away at the back. The space is used quite efficiently, with a good deal of seating options available, mostly banquettes and chairs. The neutral coloured walls have been livened up a bit by various enamel brewery signs and other such bits of memorabilia, but the place feels a bit gloomy, perhaps because the large front windows don’t let in as much light as you would expect due to the shade created by the covered walkway outside. There is a smaller lounge style room to the left, carpeted throughout with standard chairs and low stools, some excellent beer posters, framed pump clips and various artworks that are for sale. There is also another seating area upstairs, but I didn’t have the time to explore.
On the bar, a cluster of handpulls were dispensing Taylor Landlord, Saltaire Amarillo Gold, Hawkshead Brodies Prime, Black Sheep Bitter, Ilkley Gold, Elland Demon’s Eye and Great Heck Powermouse, with Roosters Yankee having regrettably just gone off. I tried the Hawkshead which was an excellent pint in great shape. The barmaid was friendly enough and there was a good crowd in, although I suspect I missed a whole world of chaos by a matter of minutes, as hordes of students were making their way to watch the varsity rugby match as I made my way here.
This was my last pub of 18 visited in and around Leeds over a two day period, so I should have been feeling a bit jaded and cynical by this point, but I really enjoyed this bar and thought the pint I had here was one of the best of my whole stay. A nice twist on the MTT pubs I’ve previously visited and I’d be keen to give this place another go, perhaps to work my way along that short but bountiful bar counter.

On 2nd November 2013 - rating: 8

View more reviews of Arcadia (6)
External web links for Arcadia

Map location corrected by Will Larter
Burley Park, 0.94 miles, 18 min walk (show)
Headingley, 1.02 miles, 19 min walk (show)
Kirkstall Forge, 2.95 miles, 56 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for Arcadia, Headingley

Wednesday12noon - 11pm
Thursday12noon - 11pm
Friday12noon - 11pm
Saturday12noon - 11pm
Hours according to Facebook page, please check before making a special visit