Random news of the day with Pangolin on the Pub Forum

8 Sugnall Street
Liverpool
L7 7EB

Tweets by The Belvedere
The Belvedere The Belvedere More News. Belvedere does first card payment in 171 years! https://t.co/U2PndhipBV 8:26 PM Dec 10th from Twitter for iPad
View the full twitter feed for The Belvedere

Reviews of The Belvedere (Average Rating: of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Will Larter left this review about The Belvedere

This should have been my sixth heritage pub of the day, but having passed the Cracke just after opening time and found it not open, I came along here instead. It's well worth looking for anyway, though easily missed in its quiet cul de sac. The front door opens into a drinking corridor with well preserved glazed screens, the bar being through a door in this on the right, and a lounge to the left. Four hand pumps on the bar with three beers from Liverpool Brewing company, none of which looked likely to be to my taste so I went for the guest from Ad Hop: Endeavour, which was in very good condition and impressed me to the extent that my notes say "best beer so far" (though to be fair the competition had been pretty poor). The barman was friendly and helpful, not only reassuring me that the Cracke would probably be open if I went back that way, but also giving me directions to the recently reopened Bridewell and asking me to say "Hi" to the people who are running it.

Date of visit: 4th October 2019

On 2nd December 2019 - rating: 7

Gill Smith left this review about The Belvedere

Called into this 2019 Good Beer Guide pub which is a 2 roomed community pub. The barman was very busy conversing with the customers in the bar and we did feel a little intrusive and took our drinks into the other room. I went back in to get the cask marque recorded on the app, and the silence as conversation ceased hit me as I tried and failed, then found it was out of date so not a cask marque pub. We had Liverpool Brewing Co Floral Pale, and Big Bog Will o the wisp, both of which were fine.

On 21st August 2019 - rating: 7

Rob Hunter left this review about The Belvedere

Another very traditional feeling Liverpool boozer. There is a small bar area to the right, a basic lounge off to the left and a small drinking corridor between the two with access to the side of the bar. I didn't find it felt particularly friendly in the bar, I felt almost like we were intruding, so I was pleased to be able to retreat to the lounge with my drink.

The bar had four hand pulls, two on by Beer Monkey in addition to Will O The Wisp by Big Bog and White Rat by the Rat Brewery at the time of my visit.

I particularly liked the old Walkers of Warrington lamps outside, though they weren't lit so not sure if they are functioning. Hidden down a side street, we almost missed this one, but was good to have tried it.

On 11th April 2019 - rating: 7

View more reviews of The Belvedere (16)
This pub features in the following crawls:
Liverpool - February 2010 by Gill Smith
Liverpool 5.3.11 by Gill Smith
Liverpool 2019 by Roy Collins
Liverpool 2019 by Roy Collins
External web links for The Belvedere

Map location corrected by Old Boots
Liverpool Central Loop Line, 0.7 miles, 13 min walk (show)
Liverpool Central, 0.7 miles, 13 min walk (show)
Liverpool Lime Street, 0.88 miles, 17 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for The Belvedere, Liverpool
2nd Dec 2019, 12:17
Review submitted by Will Larter amended by Will Larter

2nd Dec 2019, 12:15
Review submitted by Will Larter

• Accommodation : No last updated 11 February 2015 by Quinno _
  • Bar Billiards : No last updated 11 February 2015 by Quinno _
  • Beer Festivals : No last updated 11 February 2015 by Quinno _
  • Beer Garden : No - you can drink outside though (and many do) - last updated 06 September 2018 by Jon B
  • CAMRA Discount : No last updated 11 February 2015 by Quinno _