Random news of the day with NickDavies on the Pub Forum

Pub added by James Joines
33 Scotland Street
Sheffield
S3 7BS

Reviews of The Crow Inn (Average Rating: 7 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Steve of N21 left this review about The Crow Inn

I’m going to have to disagree with Tris here. Yes this is the new shiny crafty kid on the block and as such was attracting the shiny craft crowd ( or it was until the Pubs Galore crew rocked up), but Brew Dog in Shoreditch will still out facial hair this place by some margin.
All very nice and clean and spotlessly new with a light pastel colour scheme as mentioned by others and traditional it may not be, but the smallish serving area certainly packs a punch with five cask pumps and fourteen keg taps.
The ale choice was not too shabby with two from Abbeydale ( Heathern and Daily Bread ), Kirkstall Inman & Howgate and Beatnikz Republic Midtown and the Midtown was a decent Porter.
But the key interest for quite a few that this place will attract will be what is coming out of the keg taps and although I didn’t note them down I recognised quite a few of the usual suspect craft brewers in the form of Siren Craft, Cloudwater, Pressure drop and Kernel Brewery and a couple I wasn’t so familiar with such as Kern River and Garage Beer Co.
A plus point for me was also the availability of a pork pie menu although this was bordering on being artisan in keeping with the pub, but no complaints with the Chicken and black pudding one I tried.
In conclusion it’s very good to have this one back functioning as a pub and it will definitely appeal to certain demographics, for example if I had brought my good lady to this one and the nearby Shakespeare I can guess which one she would allow us to return to, and I will give you a clue, it doesn’t begin with S.

On 16th July 2019 - rating: 7

Tris C left this review about The Crow Inn

Unsurprisingly, the descriptions below are uncannily similar my experience.
This is probably the most pogonophillic pub I've ever been in, beating anything in Shoreditch hands down! As mentioned, it's a very recently revived venture as a pub which explains why it has a very stripped out look with some modern Farrow & Ball colours; all clean and tickety-boo!
A half of Northern Monk's Heathen was very good and set me back £1.70 which was fine by me.
I'd return, though this is no longer what I'd call a traditional pub.

On 15th July 2019 - rating: 7

ROB Camra left this review about The Crow Inn

Very well described by my fellow PuG pub crawlers below. It is very shiny and currently lacks a bit of character due to its newness. However my pint was in very good condition and Ms CAMRA likes the place, so I guess we'll be coming back. :-))

On 15th July 2019 - rating: 7

View more reviews of The Crow Inn (5)
External web links for The Crow Inn

No known official website for this pub.

Map location corrected by James Joines