Disappointment of the week with Tris39 on the Pub Forum

1 Chatham Street
Edgeley
Stockport
SK3 9ED

Reviews of Ye Olde Vic (Average Rating: 8 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Gill Smith left this review about Ye Olde Vic

Well all I can say is I know exactly what the last reviewer means as we were exactly the same. This was the last pub for us on a coach trip of pubs in the area ending with 8 bars in Stockport, so my memory was hazy, but it was a great place that welcomed us with a smashing community spirit even to appreciating the singing from a few of our crowd. The last 3 pubs on our trip, Hope Magnet and here have made us want to book accomodation up here to have a weekend and be able to spend more time in these fantastic bars. We enjoyed our Abbeydale Reveller but wanted to try so many more. Will be back.

On 20th January 2019 - rating: 8

Malden man left this review about Ye Olde Vic

All I can say is that this is a magnificent pub, I have a very hazy memory about it after a day around Stockport pubs and the football but I recall all sorts of stuff on the walls and ceilings covered in pump clips.I appear to have acquired one. I somehow ended up behind the bar at one point and actually pulled someone a pint. It all started due to a discussion with the landlord about sparklers and great fellow he is he invited me behind the bar to witness for myself. I cannot remember the beers as by now I couldn't note stuff but there were plenty on and in good shape. They were listed on a screen. I may have had a pickled egg.
Loads of fellow Altrincham fans in, apparently last time in town our supporters drank the place dry. There's a garden out the back, I remember that much.There were some stairs, I think that's why my arm hurts.

On 21st October 2018 - rating: 9

Rob Hunter left this review about Ye Olde Vic

My last stop last Saturday before getting the train. Had seen something about Ye Olde Vic recently so figured it was worth trying to squeeze a visit in. Glad I did, it is an interesting place, like stepping back in time to another era. There was a bank of hand pumps at the bar and I think most of them were on. I think the landlord must be particularly proud of his "beer board" TV screen as he directed us to it while we were choosing our beers, despite having a clear view of the pumps at the bar right in front of us. I can't help thinking the TV is a bit overkill for a place of this size and as others have said does stand out as the one modern thing in what is otherwise a bit of a time warp.

The real fire is a great feature and we were lucky enough to get a seat next to it. There were a few people in at the time of our visit but it was not what you would call busy. From the cask ales on offer I had the Bramble Stout by Burton Bridge Brewery, which was rather enjoyable! I was a bit pressed for time due to the train (which I ended up missing by about 10 seconds) so only stayed for one, but could easily have had another if time had permitted. Nice friendly pleasant atmosphere, in my opinion, with character.

On 16th March 2018 - rating: 7

View more reviews of Ye Olde Vic (17)
This pub features in the following crawls:
Stockport by train man
The Stockport Pub Crawl by Clive Thompson
Stockport by Alan Hurdle
External web links for Ye Olde Vic

Map location corrected by Clive Thompson
Stockport, 0.28 miles, 5 min walk (show)
Davenport, 1.22 miles, 23 min walk (show)
Woodsmoor, 1.93 miles, 37 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for Ye Olde Vic, Stockport
29th Jun 2019, 10:54
Picture submitted by Wynne Route approved

29th Jun 2019, 10:54
Picture submitted by Wynne Route

• Accommodation : No last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Bar Billiards : No last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Beer Festivals : No last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Beer Garden : Yes last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • CAMRA Discount : No last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Car Park : No last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Child Friendly : No last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Darts : No last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Dog Friendly : Yes last updated 12 February 2018 by Quinno _
  • Function Room : No last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Hot Food : No last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Jukebox : No last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Karaoke : No last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Live Music : Yes last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Live TV Sports : No last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Micropub : No last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Pinball : No last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Pool Table : No last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Quiz Night : No last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Real Ale : Yes last updated 12 February 2018 by Quinno _
  • Real Cider : Yes last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • Wheelchair Access : No last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .
  • WiFi : Yes last updated 24 May 2017 by Aqualung .