Pubs near train stations with AlanH on the Pub Forum

107 Garratt Lane
SW18
SW18 4DW
Phone: 02088773622

Reviews of Tir Na Nog (Average Rating: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

john gray left this review about Tir Na Nog

Shabbily nice Irish themed pub with the usual clutter on the walls.The translation of this gaelic name is Land of Eternal Youth and the older crowd in here tonight may have been a lot older than I realised.Sambrookes -Wandle the only cask but had an Opengate(guinness)-citra which is becoming my beer of default in Irish pubs.Quite enjoyed my visit.Saw a band called Tir Na Nog in the seventies.

On 9th November 2019 - rating: 7

Rex Rattus left this review about Tir Na Nog

This is another pub that I dropped into because I had a bit of time to kill. There were two handpumps on the bar - one with a Wandle clip reversed, and the other dispensing Doom Bar. I was charged £1 for a half of Doom Bar - either I was undercharged or it's the cheapest half I've had in London for some years. There was no sign of any food during my early evening visit.

This is obviously branded as an Irish pub, and I think I may even have detected an Irish accent at some point. The tables all had wax-encrusted bottles on them, presumably at some times they have candles in them to add a bit of atmosphere. Furnishings are mainly normal tables and chairs, and although I did see a barrell doing duty as a tall table, with its attendant tall stools, there were no sofas or that kind of thing. I saw free wi-fi advertised, as well as live music, but when I was in the music was provided by a TV tuned to a music channel. There's loads of interesting decor in here - including a fish tank, waggon wheel, framed Irish counties arms, and all manner of dtuff hanging from the ceiling. I reckon it might be dog friendly as there was a dog making itself at home running around the place. But perhaps it was at home and other dogs would be regarded as unwelcome interlopers.

This struck me as a friendly pub - one of the punters moved his bag so that I could get at a stool at the bar. The ale choice is not brilliant, to say the least, but I quite liked the pub.

On 16th November 2013 - rating: 5

john mcgraw left this review about Tir Na Nog

Yes Philip this used to be The Horse & Groom.Perhaps the new name is it's name in some sort of foreign language.

On 9th February 2009 - no rating submitted
[User has posted 2044 recommendations about 2025 pubs]

View more reviews of Tir Na Nog (4)
External web links for Tir Na Nog

Map location corrected by Tris C
Earlsfield, 0.78 miles, 15 min walk (show)
Wandsworth Town, 0.83 miles, 16 min walk (show)
Clapham Junction, 1.53 miles, 29 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for Tir Na Nog, SW18
9th Nov 2019, 21:03
Review submitted by john gray

16th Jan 2015, 20:18