PuG Reviews - Appreciation Thread with Komakino on the Pub Forum

The Clubhouse, Highfield, Sheffield

13 London Road
Sheffield
S2 4LA

Reviews of The Clubhouse (Average Rating: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Will Larter left this review about The Clubhouse

Having noticed the change of name over the winter, I thought it was only polite to visit this pub again. There are now 10 hand pumps, with three ciders and five real ales available at the time of my visit. They have four house beers, brewed by Grafters and these are just £2.50 a pint. Usually two guest ales, but one had gone off. Otherwise the place seemed much as on my previous visit - I guess an extended stay or repeat visits would give more of the flavour of the place, but as I said before, this is not really my sort of pub. One to bear in mind when the Rugby League is on Sky, though. (Higher marks than before for the beer selection and quality.)

Date of visit: 17th April 2016

On 26th July 2016 - rating: 6

Will Larter left this review about The Scholar

A popular student pub with the feel of a small Wetherspoons about it. There are three hand pumps on the bar, plus the usual fonts. One cider was available, the other two pumps were for ales, but one was not ready yet and the other had clearly gone off, so we went elsewhere.

The above was from 13th October 2011. I called in again on 25th September 2014 and found two ales on the pumps, Wychwood Hobgoblin and Marstons EPA; no cider this time that I could see. The EPA was on special offer at £1.90, and I managed to make my half last through the last 20 minutes of a rugby league match on the TV. This is not my idea of a nice pub, though doubtless there will be others who think it's just dandy.

On 27th October 2014 - rating: 4

External web links for The Clubhouse

No known official website for this pub.

Map location is best guess
Sheffield, 0.9 miles, 17 min walk (show)
Darnall, 3.51 miles, 1 hr 7 min walk (show)
Dore & Totley, 3.98 miles, 1 hr 16 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for The Clubhouse, Sheffield
20th Jul 2019, 08:41
Picture submitted by Just a quick pint, then I'm off approved

19th Jul 2019, 21:03