Disappearing and 'in peril' breweries with london calling on the Pub Forum

The Prince Of Wales, NW6

11a Cambridge Gardens
NW6
NW6 5AE

Reviews of The Prince Of Wales (Average Rating: of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Steve C left this review about The Prince of Wales

I was impressed with this place during my visit yesterday afternoon as the governor was a nice chap and even though there were only four other people in watching the rugby I got a good vibe from the place. One end of the pub has a pool table and dartboard along with a plasma screen and the other end has a projector screen which was rolled up during my visit to uncover a stage area set up with disco equipment and there is also another pool table that I'd imagine gets moved out of the way on weekend nights to make way for a dance floor. There were advertisements up for a stag night in a couple of weeks and a hen night a week later which are both £10 entry and involve strippers – strippers in a pub, whatever next!

There is only a standard draught selection, but my Guinness was very good – in fact the first and the best that I had on my crawl of Kilburn. It was on my way back up Willesden Lane that I passed this pub again and noticed the governor arguing with three feral kids on the doorstep and I overheard him say ‘I'll give you ten pounds' to one of the threatening feckers which I thought odd. I then spoke to an associate of my wife's whom I was I meeting for a lift home and he informed me that this used to be his pub of choice as he lives around the corner, but he has stopped drinking here due to the pikey element frequenting the pub and he is certainly no shrinking violet. I'll visit this pub again as I always reserve judgement for myself and if this is true, which I suspect it is, it would be a real shame.

Anyway from my experience this place is good for some quiet sport watching on a Saturday afternoon.

On 16th November 2009 - rating: 6

Rex Rattus left this review about The Prince of Wales

There's no real ale; and no food during a weekday lunchtime. Actually it's a very basic and scruffy locals'pub. Nothing to recommend it as far as I can see.

On 15th July 2009 - rating: 3

External web links for The Prince Of Wales

No known official website for this pub.

Map location corrected by Steve C
Kilburn High Road, 0.3 miles, 5 min walk (show)
Queens Park (London), 0.59 miles, 11 min walk (show)
South Hampstead, 1.06 miles, 20 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for The Prince Of Wales, NW6
11th Apr 2014, 15:09
Review submitted by Tris C deleted by Tris C

19th Feb 2014, 16:32
Review submitted by Tris C

• Accommodation : No last updated 03 March 2015 by Tris C
  • Beer Garden : Yes - Covered patio. - last updated 03 March 2015 by Tris C
  • Car Park : No last updated 03 March 2015 by Tris C
  • Child Friendly : Yes - Banished by 7.00pm. - last updated 28 November 2019 by Tris C
  • Darts : Yes last updated 16 November 2009 by hondo .
  • Hot Food : No last updated 15 July 2009 by hondo .
  • Micropub : No last updated 28 November 2019 by Tris C
  • Pinball : Yes last updated 16 November 2009 by hondo .
  • Pool Table : Yes last updated 16 November 2009 by hondo .
  • Real Ale : No last updated 15 July 2009 by hondo .