Disappointment of the week with Tris39 on the Pub Forum

Station House, Tonbridge Town, Tonbridge

8 Barden Road
Tonbridge
TN9 1TX

Reviews of Station House (Average Rating: 5 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Clockhouse

Reincarnated again, after a spell as Mojo's (previously the Station House, and before that the South Eastern), and now self-described as a 'Tapas & Bar' establishment. Although lighter and brighter than before, and definitely more appealing, the layout is much the same. It also retains the small patio beer garden out back. Unfortunately, the real ale has headed for the hills, but I did find a Theakston Barista Stout (which was a new beer for me at £2.50 for a half). Closest pub to Tonbridge station.

On 5th August 2017 - rating: 6

Steve C left this review about Mojo's Bar

Mojos has the feel of a late bar venue rather than a public house, although there is a dartboard to the left of the entrance. Limited furniture means that it doesn’t take long before all of the seating is taken. In the centre of the pub is a pool table and on the left wall is a small stage area that was ready to receive some DJ equipment. I didn’t venture out the back because it was raining, but I thought that I spied some picnic tables through the door window. Advertisements also suggested that there is a shot bar out the back somewhere.

The bar was stocked with standard draught and three of the four hand pumps were unused leaving Harvey’s Best as the lone cask option. Also available were Peroni and Amstel. I didn’t spot any food advertised.

I wasn’t that impressed with this place and I couldn’t even curl one out due to broken locks on the trap door. I think I’ll give this place the swerve if I’m in the area again.

On 14th June 2015 - rating: 4

john mcgraw left this review about Mojo's Bar

CLOSED & BOARDED (23/04/09)
[admin edit: reported open with new name 11/2/10]

On 11th February 2010 - no rating submitted
[User has posted 2037 recommendations about 2018 pubs]

External web links for Station House

Map location corrected by Steve C
Tonbridge, 0.11 miles, 2 min walk (show)
Hildenborough, 3.08 miles, 59 min walk (show)
Leigh (Kent), 3.39 miles, 1 hr 5 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for Station House, Tonbridge
19th Apr 2019, 20:57
Picture submitted by Just a quick pint, then I'm off approved

19th Apr 2019, 20:56