Beer of the Week (w/e 8th Decenber 2019) with Wittenden on the Pub Forum

Duke of Wellington, E8

260 Haggerston Road
E8
E8 4EP

Reviews of Duke of Wellington (Average Rating: of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Alan Winfield left this review about Duke of Wellington

The Duke of Wellington is a decent looking pub that is in a fairly quiet area off the busy Kingsland road.
Once inside there is a single room with the bar facing,the room is carpeted and has comfy bench seating and small stools for seating,there is a pool table to the rear left.
There was one real ale on the bar which was Doom Bar,this was a decent enough drink.
There were TVs showing the Euro Football and the background music was crap.
I quite liked this pub as it was very comfortable and the first pub on this crawl to have a pool table and a carpeted floor.

Pub visited 11/6/2016

On 1st August 2016 - rating: 7

Steve C left this review about Duke of Wellington

After surveying the selection of standard draught I plumped for a Guinness before having a wander around the pub. It was just after I spotted the pool table and the dartboard that I encountered one of the most drunk blokes I have ever seen in a pub. He was in his forties and he had an unopened bottle of WKD in one hand and he was using the other to try and push himself up from the wall that he had become stuck to. I walked slowly behind him as he bounced his way down the corridor at the back before crashing through the toilet door, never to be seen by my eyes again. I thought that I would make my way back towards the front of the pub to be nearer the exit in case there were more of these things rebounding of the furniture. Thankfully he was the only one in that state and the barmaid was busy mopping up the bar area to erase any evidence of his patronage.

There are plasma screens dotted about the pub and they have Sky and Setanta for all of the football. I thought that for a Sunday afternoon the music was a little loud, but that is just a personal preference.

I ended up finishing my pint in the smoking shelter that is located in the beer garden and it was here that I decided not to be too harsh on this pub as I quite liked it, even with the drunk who should have probably been refused service two hours prior to my visit.

No ale, but nice staff and plenty to do so I would visit again if passing.

On 20th May 2009 - rating: 7

ALFRED COCHRANE left this review about Duke of Wellington

lovely pub,nice pleasant staff,nice outside drinking area,pleasant,funny haha customers.well worth a visit

On 28th May 2008 - rating: 10

View more reviews of Duke of Wellington (4)
External web links for Duke of Wellington

No known official website for this pub.

Map location corrected by Steve C
Haggerston, 0.14 miles, 2 min walk (show)
Dalston Junction, 0.53 miles, 10 min walk (show)
Dalston Kingsland, 0.64 miles, 12 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for Duke of Wellington, E8
1st Aug 2016, 14:25
Review submitted by Alan Winfield

1st Aug 2016, 14:23
Picture submitted by Alan Winfield approved

• Accommodation : No last updated 08 June 2019 by Tris C
  • Car Park : No last updated 08 June 2019 by Tris C
  • Darts : Yes last updated 20 May 2009 by hondo .
  • Micropub : No last updated 08 June 2019 by Tris C
  • Pool Table : Yes last updated 20 May 2009 by hondo .
  • Real Ale : Yes last updated 01 August 2016 by Alan Winfield