Yet another list with ROBCamra on the Pub Forum

Great Wyrley
Postal town: Walsall
WS6 6AZ

Reviews of Masons (Average Rating: 8 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

simon archer left this review about Masons

the best steaks in the midlands,if not the uk,especially the fillet steaks.
the ambiance is good as well,made to feel welcome

On 29th May 2012 - rating: 10

S GQ left this review about Masons

Visited on 30 April 2011, dinner for eight invcluding two 12yr olds. Service was a bit hit and miss, ie, ask for something and then find out not available after perusing menu for many minutes, but really that was not a problem as the waitress was happy and apoligised and to be honest just like any black country lass. We all had starters which were brill and tasty and then we waited a while before our main came. To me this was not a problem but to some it may be, especially if you eat quite fast, it enabled conversation and beer drinking..... the mains arrive, excellent. My mom ordered the lamb shank, misttook its description as lamb slices, it was huge. The salmon, very tasty and the kids enjoyed the burgers. Sweets were just as good for those who could fit one in. I was pleasantly, if not, greatly surprised by the whole experience. I grew up down the road in great wyrley and have seen this pub take on many transformations over the years. The reason we visited, I now live in kent, my dads 80th, somewhere close and gave it a try. Well done, will come again when back in Midlands. PS, next time tell me you have Becks on draft and the evening would have been even better. Albeit the service may well have been slow, the retaurant was busy, but to me that smacks of fresh fresh fresh and as far as I am aware it was and tasty too.

On 6th May 2011 - no rating submitted

Andy Ven left this review about Masons

Last night was my first visit here in over a decade so I went with an open mind. The front room is the bar area, contemporary and tidy (logs stcked up alongside the fireplace etc) but I wanted to sit down so we ventured into the back room, which is the dining area. The front room was about half full and the back room had one small party who were just coming to the end of their meal so in all it was fairly quiet for a Friday night.

There was just one handpull on, Elland Beyond the Pale. I prefer something darker. I'd go along with Soup's assessment that the Ivy House is a better pub and so, although not a bad place, I wouldn't really make a special effort to go back.

On 21st August 2010 - rating: 6

View more reviews of Masons (4)
External web links for Masons

No known official website for this pub.

Map location corrected by Andy Ven
Bloxwich North, 1.12 miles, 21 min walk (show)
Landywood, 1.73 miles, 33 min walk (show)
Bloxwich, 1.78 miles, 34 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for Masons, Great Wyrley