Yet another list with RealAleRobUK on the Pub Forum

Image posted by peter ashworth
Submitted on Wednesday, 21st February 2018

The Rose Inn, Nuneaton Town, Nuneaton

Coton Road
Nuneaton
CV11 5TS

Pub Type

Tenanted (Marstons)

Reviews of The Rose Inn (Average Rating: of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Rose Inn

Unmodernised Marston's pub located a short walk south of the town centre. Retaining a two-bar layout, with a pool table in the front and an extended opened-out lounge at the back with several seating areas. Traditional furniture and decor throughout. Burton Bitter and Pedigree (£3.10) from two of three handpumps on each counter. You wouldn't know it now unless you spot the small display, but this establishment holds its place in history as the four founders of Camra and a few of their friends held the organisation's first AGM here in 1972.

On 4th March 2018 - rating: 7

Will Larter left this review about The Rose Inn

A Marstons pub, as loudly proclaimed on the end walls, and I have been in so many ordinary and unexciting pubs of theirs that I didn't expect anything special when I walked into the Rose. Just goes to show how wrong you can be, because if I lived in Nuneaton (which heaven forfend) I would be quite happy to make this my local. The building stands alone on the edge of a modern housing estate. Inside the original multiroomed layout has been maintained, and I passed along a corridor between two closed doors to reach the bar in the room at the rear. There were several locals clustered around the bar, but I eventually got a clear view of the three hand pumps. These were serving Pedigree, Burton Bitter and Hansons Mild. I only had time for one, so I had the mild which was in very good condition.

This is a genuine locals pub, with a friendly atmosphere so that I soon felt at home. The back room has been rearranged and enlarged somewhat, and there is an RSJ just above the bar which features a collection of clocks, which apparently started as a sort of joke but has reached the point of being a bit of an obsession. Pride of place goes to a former colliery clock, a giant of about one metre diameter, which is above the mantelpiece. If I find myself in Nuneaton again I will certainly return to the Rose.

On 29th January 2013 - rating: 8

External web links for The Rose Inn

No known official website for this pub.

Map location corrected by Paul Brett
Nuneaton, 0.8 miles, 15 min walk (show)
Bermuda Park, 1.33 miles, 25 min walk (show)
Bedworth, 3.33 miles, 1 hr 4 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for The Rose Inn, Nuneaton
4th Mar 2018, 10:34
Review submitted by Just a quick pint, then I'm off

3rd Mar 2018, 23:23
Picture submitted by Just a quick pint, then I'm off approved

• Real Ale : Yes last updated 29 January 2013 by Alan Hurdle