Random news of the day with Pubsignman on the Pub Forum

Grimsby
DN31 1NH

Reviews of The Barge (Average Rating: of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Steve C left this review about The Barge

I’ve drunk on a couple of permanently moored ships before but never a barge, until my visit here late on a recent Wednesday afternoon. A small ramp leads up to the entrance and a small seating area at the top of the stairs that lead down to the bar area. The bar, along the right-hand wall, faces seating along the left. More seating is found under the stairs from the entrance. I didn’t spot any televisions but there was a jukebox playing some background music. I noted that a weekly quiz is held here on Mondays.
The bar is stocked with standard keg and the two hand pumps were drawing Wells Bombardier and Axholme Brewery’s Cleethorpes Pale Ale. Pub grub is available, the burger is priced at £10.95. I found the service to be polite, but the floor was on the piss. It is only a slight list to the right, but it made me feel queasy, I was glad to leave even though this barge was quite pleasant. If I find myself here again, I think I will stick to one of the many picnic tables on terra firma out the front.

On 6th October 2019 - rating: 6

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Barge

Curious set-up here - mostly conventional, with a permanently moored barge in the original town-centre port, some seating as you enter, and the main bar area below - but the whole thing has a slightly disconcerting 10° list which no-one else seemed to notice (apart, perhaps, from the few hardy souls sitting at one of the many quayside tables). Anyway, it does do real ale, with my pint of Hobgoblin (£3.10) being in good form, with the other one being Bombardier.

On 16th October 2016 - rating: 6

Alan Winfield left this review about Barge Inn

When we first went in the Barge Inn it was a North Country tied house and the beer was quite nice.
This barge has been moored in the middle of Grimsby for around 30 years that i can remember,it used to be a grain barge and once inside the space is quite small but cosy and there is also bench seating outside the barge for the warmer days.
Personally i would rather have a drink inside as its not that often you can have a drink on a smallish barge like this.

On 1st January 2011 - rating: 7

View more reviews of The Barge (4)
External web links for The Barge

Map location corrected by Old Blue
Grimsby Town, 0.35 miles, 6 min walk (show)
Grimsby Docks, 0.87 miles, 16 min walk (show)
New Clee, 1.45 miles, 28 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for The Barge, Grimsby
6th Oct 2019, 13:25
Review submitted by Steve C

7th Jul 2019, 17:14
Picture submitted by Just a quick pint, then I'm off approved

• Beer Garden : Yes last updated 24 June 2008 by hondo .
  • Jukebox : Yes last updated 24 June 2008 by hondo .
  • Real Ale : Yes last updated 09 May 2014 by Dave McNally