Pub Snacks with Aqualung on the Pub Forum

Image posted by john mcgraw
Submitted on Friday, 25th November 2016

The Kings Arms, Ely City, Ely

12 St Marys Street
Ely
CB7 4ES

Reviews of The Kings Arms (Average Rating: of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Steve C left this review about Kings Arms

I found myself to be the only customer when I popped into the Kings Arms at 21:00 on a recent Sunday evening. The lone young lady working the jump was listening to something through some earphones, but she soon jumped to life when I walked through the door. I noted the presence of some usual draught suspects and I counted four hand pumps. One of these was unused which left Sharps’ Doom Bar, Wells’ Golden Cauldron and Woodfordes Wherry as the ale options. The kitchen was closed during my visit so I didn’t see any menus, but the mains on the specials board were priced around £7.50.

The interior is made up of a front bar and slightly smaller rear bar. I plotted myself at a table in the front bar where I could read the ‘upcoming events’ board. Various entertainment including a quiz night, bingo and live music was listed for most nights of the week. There was nothing for Sunday evening which is probably why it was so quiet. During my visit I didn’t spot any television screens and there was no background music. Some may like quite pubs where the only noise is the faint whirring of an air conditioning unit in the background, but I found it a little depressing. I also found the décor to be bland, but I didn’t mind too much as the Wherry was very good.

I would have no problem returning to this pub for more friendly service and decent beer, but my next visit would be at a busier time.

On 22nd November 2014 - rating: 7

Alan Winfield left this review about Kings Arms

The Kings Arms is a small town pub and it is the sort of pub i enjoy going in.
There were two rooms inside and we went in a smartish lounge that was quite comfortable and there were two real ales on the bar we had a drink of Adnams Broadside and this was quite a nice drink the other beer was Deuchars IPA.
The pub was fairly quiet on our visit and we enjoyed having a drink in here.

On 25th April 2011 - rating: 8

Nickie Chapman left this review about Kings Arms

Was a lovely little pub which did a pretty good quality lunch for around £8. Free wi-fi and comfy seats - was lovely! Not a huge menu choice and music would randomly - once every 15 minutes or so - play quite loudly for one song and then stop.

On 27th August 2010 - rating: 8

View more reviews of The Kings Arms (5)
External web links for The Kings Arms

Map location corrected by Steve C
Ely, 0.81 miles, 15 min walk (show)
Littleport, 5.86 miles, 1 hr 53 min walk (show)
Shippea Hill, 8.02 miles, 2 hr 34 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for The Kings Arms, Ely

• Car Park : No last updated 22 November 2014 by Steve C
  • Darts : No last updated 22 November 2014 by Steve C
  • Hot Food : Yes last updated 22 November 2014 by Steve C
  • Jukebox : No last updated 22 November 2014 by Steve C
  • Live Music : Yes last updated 04 February 2020 by hondo .
  • Live TV Sports : No last updated 22 November 2014 by Steve C
  • Pinball : No last updated 22 November 2014 by Steve C
  • Pool Table : No last updated 22 November 2014 by Steve C
  • Quiz Night : Yes last updated 22 November 2014 by Steve C
  • Real Ale : Yes last updated 04 February 2020 by hondo .
  • Real Cider : No last updated 22 November 2014 by Steve C