Pubs near train stations with AlanH on the Pub Forum

128 Dartmouth Park Hill
N19
N19 5HT

Tweets by The House
thehouse126 thehouse126 @cro58y You are very welcome. The space is for everyone. We are open Thursday Friday Saturday and Sunday but will b… https://t.co/XTJfVUTlwZ 4:46 PM May 8th 2018 from Twitter for iPhone
View the full twitter feed for thehouse126

Reviews of The House (Average Rating: 1 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Will Larter left this review about The New Brunswick

The new landlord spotted me taking a photo and came out for a chat. He is very keen on this pub but is distressed about the review it got in BITE. In fact the old review on here is not much better...

However, he says he has thrown out all the drug dealers and thieves (though some of them came back and stole the tools out of his car). He has smartened it up inside and it is, he proudly proclaimed, a freehouse. However, he has no plans for putting on any real ales. I declined a drink and wished him every success.

On 18th August 2011 - no rating submitted

Steve C left this review about The New Brunswick

I spotted the ‘traditional ales' sign on the wall outside so I thought that I would brave it, even after noticing the graceful way that masking tape had been applied to the many smashed windows. The two members of the underclass standing at the entrance under the ‘no drugs on these premises' sign were discussing the finer points of estate life whilst slinging back their pints of Stella, but a knowing nod gained me access.

Once I had passed these sagacious gatekeepers I found myself in a bankrupt house clearance storage facility were the bailiffs had been in and taken everything except the most ramshackle furniture and the pool table, presumably as it would not squeeze through the escape route. There was a distant stereo playing some Madness, but the acoustics were desperate and I can only compare them to a hastily organised 13th birthday party in the local scout hut.

As I reached the bar I realised that I had been hoodwinked by the sign outside as there were no ‘traditional ales' only standard draught. I opted for a half of Guinness and once this was procured I slipped out the side door into the bricked beer garden. It was here that I noticed that this pub is slap bang in the middle of a large group of Camden estates and a large group of Islington estates. This was when I finally decided to make a hasty retreat as the sun would only be in the sky for another half an hour or so before the locals arose from their pits and converged upon my position.

This pub serves to keep the feckless scum that pollute the towns and cities of England away from me, my family and my friends – ALL HAIL THE NEW BRUNSWICK – and may her clientele spend many a long hour drinking in her.

On 6th May 2009 - rating: 1

External web links for The House

Map location corrected by Steve C
Upper Holloway, 0.61 miles, 11 min walk (show)
Gospel Oak, 1 miles, 19 min walk (show)
Kentish Town, 1.06 miles, 20 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for The House, N19
4th Aug 2020, 18:34
Picture submitted by Tris C approved

4th Aug 2020, 17:53
Picture submitted by Tris C

• Accommodation : No last updated 15 May 2018 by Tris C
  • Bar Billiards : No last updated 15 May 2018 by Tris C
  • Beer Festivals : No last updated 15 May 2018 by Tris C
  • Car Park : No - Nearby free parking. - last updated 28 November 2019 by Tris C
  • Child Friendly : Yes last updated 15 May 2018 by Tris C