Random news of the day with sheffield hatter on the Pub Forum

Image posted by paulof horsham
Submitted on Tuesday, 24th September 2019

The Waterman's Arms, Island Gardens, E14

1 Glenaffric Avenue
E14
E14 3BW
Phone: 02075316514

Pub Type

Punch Taverns

Reviews of The Waterman's Arms (Average Rating: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Great Eastern

A imposing building, located close to river as its previous name of the Watermans Arms suggests. Inside, you find a 'L'-shaped bar and the separate Brunel Lounge. Refurbished with semi-modern furniture, but retaining more-traditional decor including local history prints and photographs. Unfortunately, just two of the four handpumps were on when I visited, with Bombardier and Old Rosie cider available (with Black Sheep shown as coming soon). Overall, despite the disappointment on the beer front, this is a pleasant spot to stop for a pint.

On 29th September 2014 - rating: 7

Rex Rattus left this review about The Watermans Arms

The girl who served me my pint was efficient and friendly; I sat down to read my book over a quiet pint while a few other punters at the bar carried on their conversation. I finished my beer then left – seems fair enough to me.
Real ales on were Pride, Broadside and Young’s Bitter. I had the Pride, which was not brilliant, but OK. This is a large pub near the river, with a separate dining room on the right as you go in. Actually this is a comfortable, what I might call old style, pub. There were a few locals in, using what some might regard to be overly colourful language, standing drinking at the bar, but otherwise it was fairly quiet on a Wednesday lunchtime. The music was the usual banal pop music, but it was not being played too loudly. I wouldn’t mind dropping in for another pint if I were in the area.

On 25th March 2009 - rating: 5

External web links for The Waterman's Arms

Map location corrected by Rex Rattus
Greenwich, 1.28 miles, 24 min walk (show)
Maze Hill, 1.52 miles, 29 min walk (show)
Westcombe Park, 2 miles, 38 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for The Waterman's Arms, E14
20th Apr 2022, 22:29
Web Link submitted by Just a quick pint, then I'm off approved

20th Apr 2022, 22:28
Web Link submitted by Just a quick pint, then I'm off

• Accommodation : Yes - Backpacker hostel. - last updated 13 June 2019 by Tris C
  • Micropub : No last updated 13 June 2019 by Tris C