New server with rpadam on the Pub Forum

Image posted by john mcgraw
Submitted on Wednesday, 21st February 2007

The Nags Head

53 Kinnerton Street
Belgravia
SW1
SW1X 8ED

Reviews of The Nags Head (Average Rating: 7 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

custodian 42 left this review about The Nags Head

Pleasing pub which had the bar staff on a lower level than me. The pub was also on various levels and the walls were crammed with memorabilia. Adnam's beer on hand pump. There was a nice fire which wasn't lit.

On 17th May 2017 - rating: 5

Steve C left this review about The Nags Head

The first thing I noticed as I entered the Nags Head was the waist high bar which threw me off kilter. The second surprise was when I was charged £2.50 for half an Adnams Ghost Ship. I know this is Belgravia, but the other pubs in the area do not charge this extraordinary amount. Two other ales were available alongside Carlsberg and Guinness, if I am not mistaken. The limited ‘lite bites’ menu in operation during my recent Friday afternoon visit seemed to consist of sandwiches and cheese etc. which were priced at £7.90.

The interior of this pub consists of the street level seating area where the aforementioned low bar is found and a downstairs seating area that is accessed by a staircase to the left of the bar. The walls throughout are adorned with old pictures, caricatures and photographs and the ceiling has old cartoons and newspaper clippings stuck to it. There is no television, but there was some 1940s music playing which sat well in the surroundings. Out the front by the entrance are a couple of high tables for plotting pints during pavement drinking.

I can see the appeal because this quirky pub is unique, but I couldn’t afford to stay too long and I’m not sure that I would want to. This is the sort of pub that I like to have a look at, but once I’ve been I’m not that bothered in returning.

On 14th October 2015 - rating: 7

hondo . left this review about The Nags Head

Tucked away but definitely worth seeking out. A quirky old multi level interior with numerous curious covering the pub. 4 Adams beers on. A hidden gem.

On 13th October 2015 - no rating submitted

View more reviews of The Nags Head (15)
External web links for The Nags Head

Review submitted by custodian 42

2nd Dec 2015, 21:40
Picture submitted by Rex Rattus approved

• Car Park : No last updated 30 September 2013 by Quinno _
  • Real Ale : Yes last updated 13 October 2015 by hondo .
Food Hygiene Rating