In the Hop Garden with rpadam on the Pub Forum

W6
W6 7AB
Phone: 02087485285

Reviews of Belushi's (Average Rating: of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about Belushi's

Belushi's has been refurbedished, with modern decor and a much better range of furniture. Offers breakfast, and not just to the backpackers staying in the hostel upstairs. Now has three real ales on handpump, with two from Twickenham - Smiler's Ale and Naked Ladies (£3.50) - plus Bath Gem available. Overall, the late and distinctly unlamented George is still nothing to write home about, but a major improvement nevertheless... (NB - Review dates from April 2012.)

On 24th June 2012 - rating: 6

Steve C left this review about Belushi's

I recently had my first visit here since the pub had changed from the hole that was The George. The barman that served me was on another planet and poured my pint of Guinness in one go giving it the mother of all heads. I was going to complain, but I didn't see the point as I was glad to finish up and leave anyway.

I actually preferred The George which is a massive slur on the management of this pub.

On 4th March 2009 - rating: 3

Roger Button left this review about Belushi's

I remember this as a rather unpleasant and dour place and being taken over by the Belushis chain was hardly likely to change my opinion. Walking past (as I always have) I spotted a couple of handpumps and with time to kill thought I would also give it a chance. A giant mural of the Clash's London Calling first caught the attention, a decent enough start, and further rock posters extend along a wall to the rear of the pub where they were setting up for an evening of 3 live bands. The facilities for live music seemed to reasonable with plenty of speakers and decent lighting although I ddn't actually hang around for the music. As for the beers, Pride & Bombardier don't exactly show too much in the way of adventurism but along with the wine and cocktails, were reasonably priced. My pint was however a woefully short measure and the barman virtually ran off before I could get a chance to challenge it. The interior was quite open apart from 3 or 4 supporting pillars and there is a variety of seats and tables, multi screens and a DJ booth. Overall it was a happy mix of pub, bar and club – a bit of something for everyone and I surprisingly felt quite comfortable here although it has a long way to go to be rated as anything other than average.

On 25th March 2008 - rating: 5

External web links for Belushi's

Map location corrected by Steve C
Kensington (Olympia), 0.99 miles, 19 min walk (show)
Shepherds Bush, 1.08 miles, 20 min walk (show)
West Brompton, 1.71 miles, 32 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for Belushi's, W6