Pubs Galore crawls 2020 with rpadam on the Pub Forum

Image posted by peter ashworth
Submitted on Saturday, 2nd February 2019

Duke of Marlborough, Maidstone Town, Maidstone

27 Union Street
Maidstone
ME14 1ED

Reviews of Duke of Marlborough (Average Rating: of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about Duke Of Marlborough

A pleasant surprise here: on my last visit about five years ago, I thought this Enterprise Inns pub was going to the dogs and doomed to closure. However, I found that the previously very tired 'L'-shaped interior has been modestly refurbished. Still quite a basic locals pub, although I received a pleasant welcome from the landlady. Main features being a pool table and several large sports TV screens, and it also has a smoking area in the side alley leading to the rear yard. Live music and (something I don't recall seeing before) a boxing match advertised. I also found that they have started doing real ale again after many years, albeit just Doom Bar (at a reasonable, for the area, £3.10) from the solitary handpump. Overall, definitely worth an increase from my last rating of 4.

On 20th May 2017 - rating: 6

Steve C left this review about Duke Of Marlborough

The Duke of Marlborough is an L shaped pub that has a town centre local’s boozer feel, or at least it did during my Tuesday lunchtime visit. There was some low background music playing off the jukebox that is found around to the right of the bar along with a pool table and dartboard. There is a plasma screen, but I didn’t any advertisements for Sky Sports. Standard draught products are available and I didn’t see any food advertised, but cheap shots and doubles are offered. There is a small car park at the rear along with an outside seating area.

This is a pleasant enough pub considering its central location, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to revisit based on my last visit.

On 15th November 2011 - rating: 5

External web links for Duke of Marlborough

No known official website for this pub.

Map location corrected by D D
Maidstone East, 0.31 miles, 5 min walk (show)
Maidstone Barracks, 0.53 miles, 10 min walk (show)
Maidstone West, 0.61 miles, 11 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for Duke of Marlborough, Maidstone
2nd Feb 2019, 12:48
Picture submitted by peter ashworth approved

2nd Feb 2019, 08:47
Picture submitted by peter ashworth

• Pool Table : Yes last updated 28 April 2011 by hondo .
  • Real Ale : No last updated 28 April 2011 by hondo .