Stats - Pub Photos by County with Pangolin on the Pub Forum

Image posted by peter ashworth
Submitted on Tuesday, 30th August 2016

The Bell & Crown, Canterbury Central, Canterbury

11 Palace Street
Canterbury
CT1 2DZ

Reviews of The Bell & Crown (Average Rating: of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Just a quick pint, then I'm off left this review about The Bell & Crown Inn

Former Truman corner pub, with some interesting historic features retained on both facades. However, the 'L'-shaped interior has been redone in a rustic light-wood alehouse style (which is OK in its own right, but any original character has been lost). Four Kentish real ales on handpump: Wife of Bath from Canterbury Ales, Fife & Drum and from Musket, a tasty Gadds No 5 and Hopdaemon Incubus.

On 12th February 2017 - rating: 7

Real Ale Ray left this review about The Bell & Crown Inn

We caught this on a bad day as the Old Dairy Red Top was badly on the turn. I took it back and the young barmaid agreed, she told the young man behind the bar, who I assumed to be the cellarman, who replied i'll put another one on. So the barmaid turned the pumpclip back and we did not see any sign of the line being cleaned through. I also tried the Whitsable East India Pale Ale, which was not up to much. We saw a few tourists trying to find some traditional English ales on our visit, a disappointing selection on our visit.

On 13th November 2016 - no rating submitted

. Wittenden left this review about The Bell & Crown Inn

Traditional tile hung street corner pub on the pedestrianised Palace Street,outside the walls of the Cathedral Precints. A few tables and chairs outside for that continental vibe:inside, an L-shaped room,uncluttered. A celebrated "Fremlin's" window commemorates a much loved former brewery, and affords a fine view of the western towers of the Cathedral.
The Bell and Crown is noted for its support of Kent microbreweries:on my brief visit on a Saturday lunchtime in June I tried a Montgomery IPA from Wantsum of Hersden.Not really to my taste,unfortunately, although I understand that generally the beer here is consistently good.
A lively pub,popular with drinkers and tourists.

On 31st October 2016 - no rating submitted

View more reviews of The Bell & Crown (5)
External web links for The Bell & Crown

No known official website for this pub.

Map location corrected by Just a quick pint, then I'm off
Canterbury West, 0.52 miles, 9 min walk (show)
Canterbury East, 0.91 miles, 17 min walk (show)
Sturry, 2.36 miles, 45 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for The Bell & Crown, Canterbury
13th Feb 2017, 22:34
Picture submitted by Just a quick pint, then I'm off approved

13th Feb 2017, 22:34
Picture submitted by Just a quick pint, then I'm off

• Real Ale : Yes last updated 16 April 2009 by hondo .
Opening Hours
Sunday12noon - 0:30am
Monday12noon - 0:30am
Tuesday12noon - 0:30am
Wednesday12noon - 0:30am
Thursday12noon - 0:30am
Friday12noon - 1:30am
Saturday12noon - 1:30am
Hours according to Facebook page, please check before making a special visit