What are you drinking RIGHT NOW with Mobyduck on the Pub Forum

Image posted by john mcgraw
Submitted on Tuesday, 8th September 2009

The Farriers Arms, Ashford

The Forstal
Mersham
Postal town: Ashford
TN25 6NU
Phone: 01233720444

Tweets by The Farriers Arms
The Farriers Arms The Farriers Arms Farriers Arms Beer, Cider & Music Festival #event @ The Farriers Arms in #ashford #towntalk https://t.co/KWg7i1xUSH 11:16 AM Jul 19th 2018 from TownTalk Status Update
View the full twitter feed for The Farriers Arms

Reviews of The Farriers Arms (Average Rating: 6 of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

Rex Rattus left this review about The Farriers Arms

The Farriers Arms still has its own onsite microbrewery, with about half a dozen ales in its portfolio. When we visited on Friday evening they had a couple on – Harvest Plenty (£3.45 a pint) and 1606. They also had a couple of other ales on – St Ausell Cornish Ale and Long Man Brewery Scary Man. This is a good selection. They were doing food when we visited on Friday evening. A previous reviewer suggested that the food is expensive; that may be so - I didn't see a menu - but their house ales are reasonably priced.

This looks like a typical country pub, with its low ceilings, black painted beams, attractive fireplace, and rough plastered walls. But like many a country pub these days its main business is as a restaurant. This one has a seprate dining room on the right, with a lectern doing sentry duty at its entrance, and with all tables laid for diners. The bar area on the left is comfortable enough, with normal furnishings plus a few tall stools at the bar. One of the beams was adorned with numerous pump clips, which is usually a good sign in that the pub is effectively advertising its changing real ale policy.

As far as I could see the dozen or so drinkers in there appeared to be local regulars. I would assess that this is usually a quietish place to enjoy a drinbk. Unfortunately a family with noisy young children came and sat at the table next to ours, which we took as a sgn to move on to the next pub.

On 7th November 2016 - rating: 6

. Wittenden left this review about The Farriers Arms

Visited on the 7th May 2013, a sunny spring evening.My first visit here for years, and definitely my first since the pub reopened under community ownership. A rambling old building, next to a stream, and close to Hannover Mill.Timber and exposed brick.
To one’s left is an L shaped bar, with the space to the right,past the chimney stack, laid up for more formal dining.To the back , a pretty garden sloping down to the trout stream, and I think access to a field across a bridge.
As part of the refurbishments, the community team installed and run the Old Forge micro brewery, and their Farrier’s beers are available on the bar, alongside offerings from other Kent micros. I tried the flagship 1606 (the date of the pub), a 3.7%ABV mid brown bitter that combines malt and hops in a moreish manner:I found it most drinkable. We haven’t eaten here, but the food looked pretty good to me. Music nights, car events and seasonal fairs are organised.

On 28th November 2013 - no rating submitted

Manky Badger left this review about The Farriers Arms

Before today I was last there three years ago, and in the meantime the place has closed down and been bought up by a consortium of locals. My first impressions on today's visit were good: the place has its own brewery and I had a pint of their stout and a pint of their best bitter. Very nice.

But then I saw the menu. This place seems to cater for people who like to spend way over the going rate on their food. Don’t get me wrong – there are people who enjoy spending far too much on their food, and if that’s what people want to do, then I respect their choice.

I think I can sum the Farrier’s Arms up with one observation. In my entire life I have only ever seen two people smoke a cigarette through a cigarette holder. One of them was in the Farrier’s Arms garden this afternoon, and the other was Lady Penelope (out of Thunderbirds). And bearing in mind that Lady Penelope was a puppet, I don’t think she counts

On 4th April 2011 - rating: 6

External web links for The Farriers Arms

Map location is best guess
Ashford International, 4.52 miles, 1 hr 27 min walk (show)
Ham Street, 5.98 miles, 1 hr 55 min walk (show)
Wye, 6.33 miles, 2 hr 2 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for The Farriers Arms, Mersham
7th Nov 2016, 17:13
Review submitted by Rex Rattus

28th Nov 2013, 19:26
Review submitted by . Wittenden

• Beer Festivals : Yes - July - last updated 29 July 2013 by Dave McNally
  • Beer Garden : Yes last updated 04 April 2011 by hondo .
  • Hot Food : Yes last updated 07 November 2016 by Rex Rattus