New pub visits 2022 with ROBCamra on the Pub Forum

Image posted by paulof horsham
Submitted on Monday, 20th September 2021

The Globe Inn Marsh, Rye

10 Military Road
Rye
TN31 7NX

Reviews of The Globe Inn Marsh (Average Rating: of 10) Add Review see review guidelines

paulof horsham left this review about The Globe Inn Marsh

I see no reason to deviate from the "quirky" description here. I found the Globe Inn Marsh to be a quirky and friendly pub away from the tourist hordes. When I popped in, there were 3 ales (Tonbridge Hookers Hooch, 360 Best & Churches Pale) on offer with the clips placed on false pumps on a low counter and the beer served from the real thing behind.

My Thursday visit coincided with the chef's day off, so a huge cheese board went nicely with the pale ale.

I stayed indoors, grateful to get a break from the sun on a warm day, so didn't get the benefit of the outside seating area on the sunny side of the street.

On 26th September 2021 - rating: 7

Blue Scrumpy left this review about The Globe Inn Marsh

Quirky is certainly a good word to describe this place tucked away on the northern side of Rye.

There is a small seated area just to the side of the pub. Each table has its own name. Luckily, there was only one group here when we arrived. Having the only table possessing an umbrella, they were clearly the only ones who had survived the passing showers.

Waitresses also seemed to be French, or at least of some continental persuasion. All were fairly friendly. Ales and ciders were displayed on a piece of paper. Tonbridge Hookers Hooch is the regular beer. Guests were 360° Best Bitter & Romney Marsh American Ale. Ciders were listed as Dudda's Tun Perry & Disco & SeaCider Honeycomb Cider & Blood Orange Cider, although I'd noticed that pumpclips were displaying the Passion Fruit cider instead of the Blood Orange.

I'd not tried the Honeycomb cider before, but it was not too long before the next shower arrived and we started getting wet.

I read that the pub was recently voted the third cosiest pub in Britain, but I get that was before indoor drinking was banned! Nevertheless, I quite liked this pub and could easily have spent much longer here had it not been for the unpredictable May weather.

On 3rd May 2021 - rating: 7

Moby Duck left this review about The Globe Inn Marsh

An interesting looking pub , quirky and rather food orientated. However the sign in system was over complicated, download an app and fill in several fields of info, table service was unattentive and slow, I wasn't dining, I missed the cask options , thinking there was none as I couldn't see from my table, I had a keg Beavertown Neck Oil. Attracting someone to pay after finishing my beer was also difficult. Not the best of times here.

On 25th October 2020 - rating: 5

View more reviews of The Globe Inn Marsh (7)
External web links for The Globe Inn Marsh

Map location corrected by Old Blue
Rye, 0.45 miles, 8 min walk (show)
Winchelsea, 2.72 miles, 52 min walk (show)
Doleham, 8.09 miles, 2 hr 36 min walk (show)
Latest updates View all updates for The Globe Inn Marsh, Rye
26th Sep 2021, 21:45
Review submitted by paulof horsham

20th Sep 2021, 19:09
Picture submitted by paulof horsham approved

• Beer Garden : Yes last updated 03 May 2021 by Blue Scrumpy