Random news of the day with rpadam on the Pub Forum

Pilgrim Brewery Tap Room, Reigate

Pub added by Paul Brett
11 West Street
Reigate
RH2 9BL

Pub SignMan left this review about Pilgrim Brewery Tap Room

This is a small brewery bar and garden set in a pleasant courtyard just off the High Street. The premises has one dedicated bar area in the front room of the brewery building – a tile-floored space with the servery on the back wall and a few tables served by bench seating. However, given the current situation, I thought it best to take a seat in the garden area to the right of the brewery building. This is a very nice space with two rows of upturned barrels with high stools and an additional row of canteen-style tables and benches, which ensures there are plenty of seating options for what might otherwise have been somewhere quite limited in how many customers they could accommodate. Around half of the outdoor seating was under shelter of one form or another and the space has been brightened up by climbing plants, some nice flint flooring and a fine view out to the quintessentially English cricket pitch behind the brewery. The brewery can be accessed via double door to the rear of the garden and I noticed that more benches and chairs were available in here, so they are really doing their best to maximise space. An R&B/Soul soundtrack played throughout the course of my visit and the staff were all very friendly and chatty, making me, as the first customer of the day, feel very welcome.
Table service is the order of the day here, so the barmaid provided me with a very detailed and helpful disposable beer menu which listed cask options as Pilgrim Surrey, Progress, Session IPA, Quest, Pioneer, Gold Spice, Longhorn and Somers plus two guests from Abyss Brewing – Super Pale and Future V West Coast. I tried a pint of the Pioneer, my first pint of cask ale since lockdown began, and thought it was a great, flavoursome juicy APA. Pints ranged in price from £3,80 for the Surrey to £5.50 for the Longhorn and the beers are also available in half and two-third measures. Use of hand sanitiser and the collation of track and trace data is carefully observed before you can take a seat.
I was really impressed with this place which I thought was a great spot to try a few decent beers straight from the source. The friendly welcome, helpful staff and attractive outdoor space won me over and whilst I might feel differently were I confined to a table in the brewery on a wet day, I would definitely head straight back here the next time I’m in Reigate.

On 18th August 2020 - rating: 8

paulof horsham left this review about Pilgrim Brewery Tap Room

The Pilgrim Brewery Tap is a cosy room adjoining the brewery. A minibus party would comfortably fill the place, but there's more seating under cover outside. Given the small size, there's very much a micropub feel about it, with 5 or 6 tables and a couple of stools at the bar. You'll likely get talking to your neighbours and with fresh beer on hand, I'm sure that you'll enjoy your visit.

On 3rd February 2020 - rating: 7