Pub Of The Month - November 2019 with Real Ale Ray on the Pub Forum

Kobenhavn, Halifax Central, Halifax

Pub added by aleand hearty
6 Westgate Arcade
Halifax
HX1 1DJ

Reviews Add Review see review guidelines

Old Boots left this review about Kobenhavn

Can’t argue with A&H’s description, I found it much the same, my pint of Brew York Jarsa was excellent and was £3.40. My pint of Bad Kitty was even better and only £3.80. I did bump into one of those know-it-alls holding forth on how bad Camra is, I recall meeting one in the Three Pigeons with ROBCamra, Halifax must have an institution for these people.

On 29th September 2019 - no rating submitted
[User has posted 2145 recommendations about 1994 pubs]

aleand hearty left this review about Kobenhavn

A brand spanking new craft beer and real ale bar, run by the team behind the nearby Victorian Craft Beer Cafe. Opening on Friday 23rd August, it had only been serving for a couple of hours when we called late in the afternoon. Pleasingly, there was already quite a buzz from a sizeable crowd with a good mix of punters. The interior is all very modern and minimalist, with plain walls, wooden floors and the liberal use of hanging lamps and halogen spots. In truth, it did feel a tad sterile, but I suspect it will soften over the coming months when some ephemera and breweriana is added.

At the bar there were six wickets on the go, plus, twenty four keg taps on the bar back, although not all were dispensing. On trying Burning Sky ‘Aurora’ and Squawk ‘Aix’, both were in good nick, but you’d expect nothing less on launch day. Unfortunately, I can’t comment on pricing as it wasn’t my round and didn’t spot a beer list. Staff were good-natured and attentive, despite a couple of them being clearly frazzled from working into the wee hours, to meet the opening deadline.

Overall, first impressions were very good. I can see it rapidly becoming an essential port of call, in Halifax’s burgeoning beer scene. Will definitely call again, next time I’m in town.

On 24th August 2019 - no rating submitted